Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kolor Autopano fails
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Kolor Autopano fails Reply with quote

I love this program, but I have had some fails and one or two weird effects. First weird effect:

I quite like the fisheye effect. Pic was 7 images taken with my 21mm Tokina and lens turbo. I have cropped the image square so its ok but there is some mis-stitching around the buses front end around the cab and radiator.

BTW the bus is a AEC Regent 4 supplied to Liverpool Transport in 1957. So its as old as me.

Next one, I tried the Brenzier method, but Autopano does not like out of focus shots so there are bits missing and there is some mismatching at the bottom of the reed head.

Another Brenzier. This one looks nice but the image should have been at least twice as high and deeper

If anyone knows how to correct these in Autopano please let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with this utility and with a cheap one that was bundled with something else I bought is that results can be unpredictable. And it isn't always something that can be solved, either. So it can be a real hit-or-miss operation. Here's one that got kinda weird but wasn't as bad as some others I tried:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using autopano I've noticed that may miss with wide angle lens a lot easier than with normal or short tele, actually never yet tried the out of focus but I will

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
Using autopano I've noticed that may miss with wide angle lens a lot easier than with normal or short tele, actually never yet tried the out of focus but I will

Its only my wide angle shots that have not worked. Apart from the OOF ones. I never made the connection. Duuuh!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An epic fail, where the program was totally unable to deal with the background. My son was impressed with the way I altered the background while keeping the horses normal.

First, In Color Autopano Giga, then in Photoshop (layers align and blend plus auto contrast) to see the difference:

what it really looks like Straight out of the camera. NEX 5K and Pentacon 29mm f2.8