Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak cine 63/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Kodak cine 63/2 Reply with quote

Not my best shots, it was a bit windy and very sunny that day, but I was posting anyway, so here they are...

I missed the focus a little bit in the last one, but was more interested in the OOF part anyway. This is one of my favorite Kodak cine lenses. 63mm makes a nice longer portrait lens. I was thinking about adding a 58mm to my 50mm lenses but will play with this one a bit before spending more, it might just do fine. I will have to find a victim to try it out on... Smile

Stefan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good to me Stefan. At which aperture setting was that shot?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first 2 were at 5.6, the third one a bit wider open, I didn't write anything down. In this lens the focus ring is closer to the camera and I keep finding myself turning the aperture ring when I want to focus. So, in some pics I may have changed that from my original setting a bit...

Stefan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lens look very good
you should try to shot earlier or later in the day, the contrast is too harsh to appreciate the lens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, thanks. This was just at early afternoon and the sun was really harsh. But then, it's difficult in Hawaii to find a time when the sun doesn't shine brightly Wink I keep looking for fast lenses, but sometimes I want to shoot wide open for DOF and it is too bright for that...

Stefan