Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak 35 Rangefinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Kodak 35 Rangefinder Reply with quote

I received a Kodak 35 RF from Goodwill yesterday.

The camera desperately needs a CLA, the shutter is sluggish and the rangefinder needs cleaning and calibration. This has now become a DIY Project.

A quick search of the web turned up 'Camera Collecting and Restoration'.
[/url]http://pheugo.com/cameras/[url]
The procedure for the Kodak looks detailed enough that I believe that, with care and a lot of pics, I can do this.
I'll post photos and comments as I work on this.

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how your project progresses. I'm especially interested in seeing example photos taken with that camera. I also see it show up on Goodwill's auction site not infrequently. I've considered getting one, mostly just because of its ungainly looks. It's so ugly, it's cute, if you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

Heck. I may end up calling you for help.

I plan to take photos at every stage of dis assembly so I know how to get it back together. Cell phone camera has replaced instant film for me,

I'll be back from West Texas Monday or Tuesday. If I'm not working i'll call bout another photo trip to somewhere.

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done this, CLA on this model.
Not really difficult, even re-collimating the RF after reassembly.
There is one ring in there that can be a %^^&%$%&$ to remove, if stuck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I've considered getting one, mostly just because of its ungainly looks. It's so ugly, it's cute, if you know what I mean.

I have similar thoughts. The army version looks actually good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had one of these a few years ago. I remember thinking that if anyone tried to steal it I could use it as a defensive weapon ... brute of a thing! The lens was fairly good, though, as I remember, the f/3.5 Anastigmat, but there were several options available. What is fitted to yours?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pure camera and lens, if you want something perfect from Kodak of this era, take a Signet-35.