Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiwi Nikon adapter, infinity issues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Kiwi Nikon adapter, infinity issues? Reply with quote

I received my NX10 this morning, and it's a beautiful camera, more than I thought possible. I brought it to the office with me, together with a Nikkor pre-AI 24/2.8, and a Kiwi adapter.

The problem is that the lens does not seem to focus to infinity, and the focus markings do not correspond with actual focus (focusing on things at 70cm I am almost at the 1m marking, etc.). I have no other Nikon lenses or film bodies here at the office, so I cannot cross-check and find out if it's the lens or the adapter, but reading around it seems a common problem with cheap adapters.

Any experiences from other members?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anybody is interested, the Kiwi adapter is really too thick: I just received a second Nikon adapter from big_is, which is different from the Kiwi one and goes slightly past infinity, as it should.

I have filed a paypal claim, since the seller for the first adapter refuses to acknowledge it's defective.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
In case anybody is interested, the Kiwi adapter is really too thick: I just received a second Nikon adapter from big_is, which is different from the Kiwi one and goes slightly past infinity, as it should.

I have filed a paypal claim, since the seller for the first adapter refuses to acknowledge it's defective.

Thank you for warning!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: NEX adapters! Reply with quote

KIWI BAD! ('Evil or Very Mad')

BIG_IS GOOD! ('Laughing')

Gottit! Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case Big_is's adapter doesn't fit camera correctly. Looks like red dot is in wrong place and I can attach it only when ignoring it. But in this case lens still unlocked and could be selfrelease because of a different placement of lock.