Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

kiron 28/2.0--random samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: kiron 28/2.0--random samples Reply with quote

just got this lens to use as fast, non vignetting normal for my ep2, as im sick of seeing the lens circle from my c mount 25mm's! so i took it out for a test spin at 5.6. i think it has some nice color and clarity:

next to try some low light/indoors!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see low contrast/overexpose above pix. Is this lens sharp in infinity for landscape?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
I see low contrast/overexpose above pix. Is this lens sharp in infinity for landscape?

I agree, when there's snow on the ground it's a nightmare situation for meters so deliberately underexposing a stop is always a good idea in snowy situations imho.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with the above c&c. however, these were test shots for color and clarity, not for highlights as, living in the mountains,i know all too well what snow looks like! Laughing

i was more interested in how the lens captured detail and that is what i metered for. i was happy with both clarity and color, such as was available.

i shot at 5.6 and was pretty happy with infinity sharpness, and that may indeed improve even more at f8.