Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 28-105 glass.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Kiron 28-105 glass. Reply with quote

When needing glass in this focal range, I usually grab my Vivitar Seres 1, 28-90 lens. But, I've found the Kiron 28-105 to be quite a splendid performer. I actually prefer it over the excellent Kiron 28-85 lens.

Kiron 28-105 - Fuji Press 800 film.

Kiron 28-105 on Fuji Press 800 film.

Russ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens also but rarely use it.
Maybe I should pass it along.
More samples please Smile

This is one of my Favorites from you Russ.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I have this lens also but rarely use it.
Maybe I should pass it along.
More samples please Smile

This is one of my Favorites from you Russ.

One of your favorites of mine? Have you seen much of much of my stuff? (nothing special). If you want to pass yours along, I know of someone that would love it. What are you now using in this focal range? The Vivitar Series 1, 28-105 (Cosina made) is faster, but not as good. In the auto-focus glass, the Nikon 28-105 is quite good too.

Kiron 28-105 snap.

Thanks for the compliment. Very Happy

Russ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you are. I found Kiron kid a few years ago when searching Kiron info.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17946187@N00/page5/

The tulip girl is great it's a perfect moment.
If I go zoomy it's the Kiron28-90 in manual focus. Usually just mount a prime and stick with it unless it's AF.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this focal length, I have a Yashica ML 35-105/3.5-4.5 Macro lens, which is quite good. Of course, it starts at 35mm and has a separate macro focusing ring, but its optical performance is quite alright for an old zoom. That Yashica was presumably made by Tokina (as well as its Olympus counterpart).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Russ, What lovely shots. Mike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good news I have also one m somewhere and I did never try it out. Little girl so great capture!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
superb timeless captures

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have often seen the Kiron 28-105 compared favorably to the Vivitar S1 28-90. Never used the Kiron, but if it's as good as the Vivitar, it's definitely a keeper. Having that extra 15mm on the top end is nice for a little more flexibility with portraits as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ,Very nice captures! The Kiron 28-105 is indeed a good lens and is as capable as the Vivitar S1 28-90.

The other day I shot Crocus with a wide variety of lenses.

Most of the five species of Crocus and many subspecies of the true autumn crocus,flower in September to November in the northern hemisphere.Some however flower into February.

Kiron 28-105

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best 'inexpensive' zoom what I did try, pictures are post processed, camera in Vivid mode.
Click on each images to get higher resolution image!

Sony NEX-3

At 28mm

At 105mm