Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kilfit-Makro-Kilar E 2.8/40
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Kilfit-Makro-Kilar E 2.8/40 Reply with quote

Any experience ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This old thread needs an answer! Yes, or almost the same lens Very Happy

I recently got free of charge! one from a friend a very dirty and dusty piece of Kilfit Kilar 4cm f/3.5 in Exakta mount.

I cleaned it and tested it today, and the results are very good IMO! The lens is small and light, alu? This is my first shots from OMD:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but not up to todays standards Attila. Nice shots Lars, pretty cat you have.
I have that lens too (also the 90mm), but don't use them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% of the above!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had both the f3.5 and the f2.8 versions back in the 1990s when I used Kodachrome. The f3.5 had less contrast and was rather cooler in its rendering, but I liked the f2.8 very much. Maybe not in the same league as the Micro-Nikkor or Macro Elmarit, but heck, it's a Tessar covering a wider than usual angle and getting in very close so I think it's a pretty good lens, all things considered.

Having said that, there's no way I'd pay today's inflated prices - certainly not as a photographer. Collectors and reputation-fantacists might feel differently, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got mine for free Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the best price to pay Very Happy My 40/3.5 came on a Konica Autoreflex T body (with adapter) and the pair cost me £10 / $16 . . . but that was nearly 20 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick & dirty test : Kilar 4cm/2.8 & Noflexar 35/3.5

K w o

K stopped down

N w o (front focus & macro ratio >)

N s d

Kilar "infinity" w o

crop

Kilar w o & s d

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee wizz Lars, that lens is up to my standards as it produces very warm and nice bokeh. You did more than good on that one. Surprised

If you ever don't want it Laughing you surley can send it my way. Phenix, shots are outstanding.

Great job

Regards,

Gavin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree those are nice shots, I find it works nicely for macro shots but there is something I'm not fond of for portraits and landscapes! doesn't seem to reproduce colours well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome test Phenix! Very Happy

A few more from me:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the reflection that you captured in the Cats eye...nice and clear, or should that be nice and sharp.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive results, I'm tempted to dig mine out and use it again... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Thx)

Nice shots Nordentro.
(You make me by a Pentax-110 18/2.8 and I love it)

I have to dig mine too, and check that :
Layer-cake wrote:
but there is something I'm not fond of for portraits and landscapes! doesn't seem to reproduce colours well.