Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kern Macro Yvar 150/3.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Kern Macro Yvar 150/3.3 Reply with quote

I had a few minutes between work and dinner today to play wit this lens. All pics are handheld, so there is potential for more. Just slight auto-sharpening and contrasting, as you can see from the vignetting, no cropping:

Diamond Head Honolulu

Catching dinner

Aeehh, still catching dinner...

Testing the macro function

Macro of Diamond Head

Let me know what you think,

Stefan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! Hawaii! Honolulu! great!
superb Stefan!
anymore bikini shot?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great location , good subjects , but lens .... nothing special a 10 USD Helios make better job in my opinion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was the first time for me to use this lens, so I am sure there is some potential to do better. And with the crop factor of the GH1 these are equivalent to handheld shots with a 300mm lens, so that may be a part of it... I thought this one here didn't come out bad and shows decent sharpness:

But like many c-mounts made for 16mm, the lens is sharp in the center and falls off more than I like toward the corners. I have an older version of this lens that has less vignetting, but it is a bit slower (4.0) and does not have the macro option - and the macro is what I have the highest hopes for in this one. We'll see, I'll play some more with it and then make up my mind. I also have a few other c-mounts in the same length, if I find the time, I'll compare them directly and decide what to keep.

Stefan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, right this samples is lot better. Also true closer subject easier to most lenses to shoot at infinity distance in quality one of hardest part in photography.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought vigneting was gone with lens above 25mm Confused ....
Anyway, I found it a nice serie, specially the second one with the fisherman, great contrast and sharpness with somet 3D effect on my eye Wink ...the last one with the cat is also great, nice colours and sharpness just perfect.....
And agree with poilu, I would like also see some more bikini shot from your beautiful island Rolling Eyes ....