Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JVC HZ-H713U 1.4/7.5-97.5mm TV Zoom lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: JVC HZ-H713U 1.4/7.5-97.5mm TV Zoom lens Reply with quote

Hi folks

I picked up this beast of a zoom lens brand new, boxed for 99p on ebay, hoping to mount it on my NEX-3.

I know there is some controversy regarding the suitability of C mount zooms for the NEX sensor, this lens has a bayonet mount (I suspect it is actually a Fujinon) but was used on a broadcast 3-chip TV camera so was intended to cover the 2/3-inch CCD I suspect.

What is the likelihood of this lens being useable on the NEX? Is it likely to vignette heavily at the shorter focal lengths?

Anyone got any experience of mounting large TV zooms like this on NEX or other cameras with a 1.5 crop factor sensor?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a good deal on the lens, but I believe you'll see heavy vignetting not just at the wide end, but throughout the zoom.

It has nothing to do with c-mount vs. bayonet mount. It is more to do with the size of the video sensor for which the lens was designed.

Even zooms intended for 1" video vignette on m4/3, so a 2/3" video zoom will vignette quite heavily on the larger NEX APS-C sensor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from a F30E camera so not sure whether it was for a 1 inch or 2/3 inch sensor. I expect vignetting, just don't know how bad it will be, hope to use this lens to shoot some video with my NEX.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going by the zoom range, it appears to be for 1/2" video.

Sorry, man. I don't want to see you waste your time... it's not going to work on anything other than a GH2 in ETC crop mode.

You got a great deal though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/specs.jsp?model_id=MDL101079&feature_id=03

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent deal!

Pentax Q again! Not much use on Olympus m4/3 either. And you may have to pay quite a bit for a suitable adapter. My advice is to put it aside for two years and in the meantime they will have gone up in value and cheap adapters will be available for the cameras around then.

I'm sure you would get $30 or so from someone if you advertized for sale with some of the info you have now gleaned?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys. I'll keep it in the hope that one day I have a suitable video camera to use it with.