Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Juplen 135mm f2.8 22 blade version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Juplen 135mm f2.8 22 blade version Reply with quote

This is a lens that is real high on my most wanted list. I was finally lucky enough to win one.
I got it for a little less then $20 with shipping, so it was a bargain. Very Happy
I'm pretty sure this is the 22 blade M42 version. I believe these were bade by Fujita.
Here is a pic of the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will get some looks when mounted on a DSLR!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin thanks. I think it will to. There were 2 versions of this lens sold by Juplen. The black and chrome, which I just bought. Plus they made an alu version. I think it will be a little soft wide open, but be a very good portrait lens. We will see.

Here is a pic of the alu version.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link that shows other Fujita made lenses.
http://forum.mflenses.com/fujita-the-forgotten-maker-t22482,highlight,juplen.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show us what you can do with her!
Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely looking lens!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Show us what you can do with her!
Smile

As soon as I receive her. I will test her and post pictures. I'm hoping for
results close to the Komura lenses. In other words, a little soft, but a unique look, and good for portraits.
The question is what type of Bokeh will it produce?

fatdeeman Thanks. I like the looks also. Hopefully it will perform also.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are really beautiful lenses to look at, and are decent performers too. Have never seen the aluminium version, but the black/silver is a definite head-turner. I have two versions (differences are minimal) of the black/silver and I'll post some samples later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
They are really beautiful lenses to look at, and are decent performers too. Have never seen the aluminium version, but the black/silver is a definite head-turner. I have two versions (differences are minimal) of the black/silver and I'll post some samples later.

Thank you. There is very little info on the net about these lenses, so it's good to hear from another owner.
Mine shipped today. I really can't wait to try this lens. Very Happy
I'm really starting to like the lenses that were made in the 50's and 60's.
I think some of the designs were really beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My searches have yet to find one of these. I would have to get one just for the reaction of other togs. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
My searches have yet to find one of these. I would have to get one just for the reaction of other togs. Laughing

If your interested in one, I will Pm you the next time I find one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Walter. I'm looking for non-black versions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Thanks Walter. I'm looking for non-black versions.

No problem. I will keep an eye out.
My next goal is to find the 3.5 35mm version of this lens. Trying to find the Juplen version might take a while.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not particularly rare. I turn one up every few days on my regular searches.

Search for these brands -

Soligor, Spectra, Coligon, Juplen, Peerotar

I have seen these under all these names.

You will likely also turn up other interesting items.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right I goofed. Embarassed

Try this again I'm looking for the 2.5 35mm not the common 3.5. I'd prefer to find the Juplen version if possible, but thanks I will keep an eye out for the other versions.
There are a couple on Ebay right now, but not in my price range.
I also want the M42 version not the Exacta version. So I might be hunting a while.
According to a Japanese website the Juplen 2.5 35mm was the first version of this Fujita lens to be exported to the US. By the translation it sounds like the release was in 1957, but didn't ship to 1958?

Anyway I don't have any way to know the accuracy of this info. Here is the link.
http://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2010/02/fujita-juplen-35mmf25.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it today. It has both original caps, and a really sweet original case.
It's a nice lens, a real beauty.

But......
It is not the 22 blade version. It's the 20 blade. I'm waiting for a m42/ Md adapter so I can use on my Minolta.
So as soon as I get it. I will do some test photos. It appears to be Komura not Fujita built. As recent evidence was found. The serial number is S 15432. S for Sankyo?
Here is a quick pic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a little after 7 Pm today I took a walk around my yard with my Canon EOS 10D with the Juplen 135 2.8 Komura made lens on it. I got thinking about this lens last night, so even tho the evening light was fading I had to shoot with it.
Minimum focus distance ia about 5 1/2 feet, but it's still a pleasure to shoot with.
These are the first shots. They are wide open. The first no PP, but the second and third shots I bumped the contrast a little.
Blanket Flowers

Agapanthas

Giant Lilly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of never heard lens by me, beauty indeed! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You. I really like the early lenses, and enjoy shooting with them. Very Happy I just wish I could get more consistant with my 10D so I could post better shots.I think a veiwscreen magnifier is on my short list. Smile

One other pic I forgot to post. Also wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like prices are going up on Juplen lenses. One just sold on Ebay for $52 USD. It was the Juplen 135 2.8 18 blade version, and it had a bent filter rim.
I hope whoever bought it realizes it's the Tokina made one and not the Komura made lens.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

Hi,I have the Peerotar 135mm f2.8 20 blade, one of my favourite lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ffordes.com/product/12030818044981

This looks decent for the money.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Good price. I've seen them sell for alot higher. It's a really nice lens. I just couldn't focus very well with my 10D. I really need a magnifier for it.
I will try to post new pictures taken with my Panny G1 soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: post subject Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Hi,I have the Peerotar 135mm f2.8 20 blade, one of my favourite lenses.

I like my Juplen also. Sorry I missed your post. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Thanks, didn't buy it but found a MD 35-70 constant 3.5 for £15 Laughing and a 90mm SP with 1-1 adapter for £79, happy I looked ta for the link Very Happy