Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 "movie edition" : unknow mount ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 9 "movie edition" : unknow mount ??? Reply with quote

Hello mflenses users,

I have bought a nice Jupiter 9 "movie edition", I thought it was a m42 mount but I really don't know what is it :

Do you know what is it exactly ? is it possible to find or to make an adapter for canon eos ?

Thanks Baptiste.

Last edited by bat0088 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 9 "movie edition" : unknow mount ??? Reply with quote

bat0088 wrote:
Hello mflenses users,

I have bought a nice Jupiter 9 "movie edition", I thought it was a m42 mount but I really don't know what is it :

Do you know what is it exactly ? is it possible to find or to make an adapter for canon eos ?

Thanks Baptiste.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried unscrewing it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Baptiste (french?)

I'm not sure it's movie lens, it could be industrial/technical lens also.

In all case, you won't find any adapter on the bay, you will need to do a DIY adapter. Lens is not big or heavy, that should not be a problem.
Did you try to place it in front of the Canon in order to check if it goes to infinity? Would be pity to spend time on adapting this lens if in the end, you can't reach infinity.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely a mount for Konvas movie camera, looks like oct-18 for Konvas M1 type camera. The partial flange with holes for screws at rear of the lens may be a modification to attach a zoom motor on the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamera wrote:
Likely a mount for Konvas movie camera, looks like oct-18 for Konvas M1 type camera. The partial flange with holes for screws at rear of the lens may be a modification to attach a zoom motor on the lens.

It isn't an OCT-18 mount. Here is an OCT-18 mount :

(source : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.83.wPHCaK&id=35160519740&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a Juptiter-9 like that (from the OP). It was taken out of some industrial device; don't know which one exactly. Interestingly, its entire front part could be unscrewed and used in a focusing helicoid of a "normal" Jupiter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting beast. I found another one like that Click here to see on Ebay also sold as a "movie" lens. Did you buy from the same source, Baptiste? Optical block looks to be SLR Jupiter-9 as opposed to RF one. If so, movie theory seems quite unlikely to me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
I used to have a Juptiter-9 like that (from the OP). It was taken out of some industrial device; don't know which one exactly. Interestingly, its entire front part could be unscrewed and used in a focusing helicoid of a "normal" Jupiter.

+1, they took normal optical block, and put it in body with dented rings that allows machine to move rings.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in movie industry they use dented rings for focus pulls, so it's not entirely impossible that this was a movie lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The middle picture shows the inside. Looks like there is a short helicoid-like thread. Is it missing something from the rear?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamera wrote:
The middle picture shows the inside. Looks like there is a short helicoid-like thread. Is it missing something from the rear?

Looks like it's the focus helicoïdal.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your responses.

Yes Pierre I'm french and it was an another ebay guy (for me it was kosbick84 from ukraine) but this is the same lens in the ebay url.

I have tried to get the infinity and yes I got it but the focus mecanism is really strange, when I turn it, everything around the lens move but the lens don't.

It seems to me very hard to make an adapter, moreover I never try to make this kind of stuff so I give up.

Maybe someone want to try to adapt it ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could try Smile
You can contact me via PM.