Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 21M wide-open on NEX fast connection only
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Jupiter 21M wide-open on NEX fast connection only Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well known quality lens , you prove it! Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like very nice pp for me. My copy has no so much contrast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very little pp. Here you can see original full size (click) Jpegs from NEX Standard setting.

Two made under different weather conditions just few days before:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy was this good and don't forget camera , once you compare , some perform very basic , some way better. Most lens looks way better with little PP, smart to use little PP all time especially on older low value lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. At least adding some contrast shouldn't be questionable.

Found it by accident and felt urge to share: Pimped Jupiter
( http://www.canonturk.com/vbulletin/diger-fotograf-ekipmanlari/19357-diy-jupiter-21m-200mm-f-4-irk-degistirdi-beyaz-oldu-garibanin-l-serisi.html ):

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking one I love it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow looks nice. I have nothing against pp in any way. It looks like I should go get some shots with my J Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

( http://www.canonturk.com/vbulletin/diger-fotograf-ekipmanlari/19357-diy-jupiter-21m-200mm-f-4-irk-degistirdi-beyaz-oldu-garibanin-l-serisi.html ):

hi, this link and lens is mine Smile i am happy for see here.thanks for your share.

Last edited by ibanez130 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibanez130 wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

hi, this link and lens is mine Smile i am happy for see here.thanks for your share.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ibanez..!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome Ibanez..!

thank you Smile hoşbulduk Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, superb results. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, that being a customized lens it looks rather good. I`d probably decrease the lettering on the barrel by a bit, but otherwise it`s a very nice conversion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibanez130 wrote:

It's great to see you here. Did you pimp any other lens? Have you considered to offer such "restored" lenses for sale?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing these shots. It conviced me to buy an old and beaten example on a flea market yesterday for 15 euros, and I must say I m very impressed. It made me sold my Leitz 180mm f/4, it's that good. Controls feels good in the hand. Everyone should have one ! Shocked

One of my first test shots with the nex-5n, wide-open. And 100% crop.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a bargain. I am glad you like it. One of the reasons Jupiter excels is enormous cemented chunk of glass elements right behind the first front one.

Pentacon 2.8/135mm on the left, Jupiter 4/200mm on the right.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 12 and 13th pic, I believe, the one with the elderly man and the lady in the same shot. In the 12th one, how great it would have been to get right in on him, waist up portrait frame, that would have been a great shot. Not that these aren't though, because they are!

I lust after an NEX, right now I am all film... except for my phone, and a canon g1, but I dont use those, for pictures anyway. I would love to have an nex-6... use all my konica and minolta and canon fd glass on it.

But alas, film is my passion, sometimes I would just like to have that instant gratification of being able to see my shots, but most of the time pulling a roll of tri-x out of the tank and grabbing my loupe is all I need to quell the urge to go out and buy the NEX.. I mean think of the lenses I could buy with the 800 US dollars the NEX would cost me... but, I digress.

Beautiful Shots.