Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-11 4/135, Jupiter-37A 3.5/135 and Tair-11 2.8/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-11 4/135, Jupiter-37A 3.5/135 and Tair-11 2.8/135 Reply with quote

When I came home from school today, my wife told me that we received three packages (apart from several doctor's bills Sad).

The smallest one a padded letter with my new Rollei-EOS-adapter inside. That's the one I need for my Voigtländer lens. It works well, I have tested it at my Rollei Planar.

The biggest one was the size of a shoe box and inside was my Tair-11 2.8/133!
This lens is much bigger than I have expected!
Have a look at my "Russian 135 trio":

(From the left:) Jupiter-11 4/135, Jupiter-37A 3.5/135 and Tair-11 2.8/135.

The first quick test shots were very promising. Quite sharp even at f2.8 and a creamy bokeh. But I need to shoot some more, perhaps at the weekend...

And the last package was no parcel but a letter from our local custom office: my Voigtländer lens has arrived from Siwtzerland! Yes!
But why do they always send these letters on a Thursday? You get them on a Friday and do not have the chance to pick up you parcel before Monday (in my case Tuesday)! That means four more days of waiting! Crap!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trio! Jupiter-11 a weak performer in my opinion. Others are excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mixture of all three lenses would be perfect: as sharp as the Jupiter-37, as fast and pleasant as the Tair-11 and as beautiful as the Jupiter-11!

I guess this would get me to a Leica Elmarit-R2.8/135... Wink

(I know that the J11 and the Elmarit do not look alike, but both lenses are real beauties!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

I just broke my promise not to buy any more lenses and bought a Jupiter 37A on ebay... Hey who needs to eat? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

May be weak, but "good damm" she is beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten,
Congrats for the set!, I also like the look and feel of the russian lenses...
Now is the time to show us what you can do with them Wink
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Three packages arrived today ... well almost! Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

The smallest one a padded letter with my new Rollei-EOS-adapter inside. That's the one I need for my Voigtländer lens. It works well, I have tested it at my Rollei Planar.

I am interressted !

If also got an adapter Rollei SLR -> EOS but i do not have focus at infinity.
Are we talking about the same ? ( my Rollei lens are visible here http://323i.e30.free.fr/galerie/MF/ )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CArsten - nice trio. I have just tried out the Tair 11 and I am very impressed. Looking forward to seeing how all three of yours compare

patrickh

Man you have a lot of new lenses to try out, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Three packages arrived today ... well almost! Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

I am interressted !

If also got an adapter Rollei SLR -> EOS but i do not have focus at infinity.
Are we talking about the same ? ( my Rollei lens are visible here http://323i.e30.free.fr/galerie/MF/ )

It's a very similar lens.
The lens with my adapter neither does reach infinity, but it is just missed. At f5.6 is it no problem. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Carsten! Time to find bigger desk for all those monsters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Congrats Carsten! Time to find bigger desk for all those monsters

They still fit into my cabinet. Wink

But you're right. When I get the Voigtländer on Monday, this will be the last lens that fits inside. Sad Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Carsten? The more I use mine the more impressed I am with it. Even made by Cosina - it's possibly my best all round lens, certainly one of my very favourites

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Attila wrote:

May be weak, but "good damm" she is beautiful.

I concur! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Voigtlander Carsten? The more I use mine the more impressed I am with it. Even made by Cosina - it's possibly my best all round lens, certainly one of my very favourites

patrickh

Patrick, my lens is considerably older than yours and I guess your (Cosina) Voigtländer lens plays in another league!
My lens was made by Mamiya (which is not bad at all) but was just a faster version of the standard lens for the Rollei-mount Voigtländer cams at the end of the 70s.

I just was interested in this lens since it offers f1.4. I will love to compare this lens to the without any doubt respectable Tomioka 1.4/55 I have.

It might be a big surprise, though, as was my Mamiya 1.8/55 which is a very fine piece of glass!