Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

It's HUGE! - Porst 135/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is great.

I have got a silimar lens Sigma XQ 1,8/135 for sale in the marketplace section.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens in the Accura / Mitake brand - it's a real weapon Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mflex-on wrote:
I had one. This is one of the lenses where the idea goes behind feasibility. I do not know any other lens that is so much prone to halos and koma.

I agree... it is heavy, it's difficult to focus precisely, the lens has tons of CA, halos, maybe the design shows all currently known optical aberrations (maybe it has even the currently unknown ones Laughing ), but it simply WORKS

And that's the reason why I keep my copy Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore my lens was even cheaper than the Canon FD 135/2.0 today. I don´t remember the price I payed for that lens, but in those times I didn´t spent that much on photo equipment with dubious quality, and that scratch on the front lens was an good point to deal on the flea market.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

i have buy the carbonR's beroflex 135/1.8 witch is exactly the same as samigon listed here http://www.pbase.com/pganzel/samigon_135mm_f18_on_maxxum_7d
same color ,exact copy

but ,after a lot of search on the web ,i find ,in an asian forum ,there s different optical shemes
sigma YS has it s own design 6/5
after there s the soligor type ,this is the one dismantle by P Ganzel whith the big triplet .it s a 5/3
certainly same optical sheme under different names
and the 3rd version ,the spiratone ,whit 6/4 optical design

all of them are sonnar type i think

mine ,when i look trought whith a light source seems to be very similar with the spiratone first a doublet and after a single element

it will be interesting to know who have best quality/resolution ,and who made what

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful sample Jiri!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila: Thanks!

AMDBill: Nice find. Thank you.

True (or typical) Sonnar is the one in the Ganzels drawing. The other two are heavily modified Ernostars (the Sigma has slight gaussian touch).

I took my Spiratone, flashlight and... voila, we have 4th 135/1.8 design in list...

My Spiratone isn't like the pictured one, I have the older model, which has different look, is native M42, doesn't state "Auto" word in it's name, but:

"1:1.8 f=135mm No.532xxx lens made in Japan SPIRATONE PLURA-COAT By Mitake"

this one has 3 elements in front group (none is cemented) and rear group consists of cemented doublet... seems to be Ernostar with rear element replaced by cemented doublet... something like:

http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMDBill wrote:
hello

i have buy the carbonR's beroflex 135/1.8 witch is exactly the same as samigon listed here http://www.pbase.com/pganzel/samigon_135mm_f18_on_maxxum_7d
same color ,exact copy

but ,after a lot of search on the web ,i find ,in an asian forum ,there s different optical shemes
sigma YS has it s own design 6/5
after there s the soligor type ,this is the one dismantle by P Ganzel whith the big triplet .it s a 5/3
certainly same optical sheme under different names
and the 3rd version ,the spiratone ,whit 6/4 optical design

all of them are sonnar type i think

mine ,when i look trought whith a light source seems to be very similar with the spiratone first a doublet and after a single element

it will be interesting to know who have best quality/resolution ,and who made what

I like this post very much.

I saw a soligor (very old from the 60's) and perhaps it's a sonnar type lens, like you say.

Excelent to know the performance of the three and who made which.

Thanks to share your interest.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned one under a different brand name a couple of decades ago. It was impressive in size and weight, but it was rather soft wide open. At about this same time, I acquired one of Vivitar's legendary 135mm f/1.5 "Professional" lenses. Talk about soft wide open! Anyway, I didn't see much use to keep the 135/1.8 when I had the Vivitar monster so I sold it.

There's a fellow on Flickr who has a Spiratone 135mm f/1.8, and who's taken a bunch of shots with it and his 5D. Here's his '135mm' set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbenn8/tags/135mm/

It'll give you a pretty good idea what the capabilities of the lens are. Me, I think it works better with a DSLR than it did with the old film cameras I used mine on -- if mine was even the same optical formula of the Spiratone, which it may not have been.

Last edited by cooltouch on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ No-X can you post a pic of youre's ?

i m pleased to know mine is a ernostar modified

@estudleon : thank s a lot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love mine ,a lot of CA ,but i don t care

the beroflex weight 1100Gr approximatively

and your's ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post a picture of the lens tomorrow Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help keep the discussion more clear, please specify the filter size of the lens you are referring to. There were 135mm f1.8 lenses with an 82mm filter size and later version(s) with 77mm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheekygeek wrote:
To help keep the discussion more clear, please specify the filter size of the lens you are referring to. There were 135mm f1.8 lenses with an 82mm filter size and later version(s) with 77mm.

The one I had, which I think was a Sigma, was 82mm. M42 mount. It was pretty old.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

mine is 82mm filter tread and weight 1100gr ,huge and heavy

love it in low light ,but can't use it under sunshine ,even stop down at f8-11 ,to much flare and coma

with a flash it s very good too ,seems to be more crispy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah fun seeing my thread filled with amazing info!

I have yet to try my sample out under conditions for which it's made, or so I think. During the day with the sun out it's indeed not the prettiest lens, but I'm thinking of taking it with me on a gig when I to one with harsh lights.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMDBill wrote:
hello

mine is 82mm filter tread and weight 1100gr ,huge and heavy

love it in low light ,but can't use it under sunshine ,even stop down at f8-11 ,to much flare and coma

with a flash it s very good too ,seems to be more crispy

With a flash almost any lens shows good results...

I never liked the 135mm f/1.8 Eyemik I had, indeed due to the abundance of coma. This lens is very picky and works well with isolated subjects.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMDBill wrote:
@ No-X can you post a pic of youre's ?

1:1.8 f=135mm No.532xxx lens made in Japan SPIRATONE PLURA-COAT By Mitake

• native M42
  • 8 aperture blades
  • A/M switch
  • 82mm filter thread
  • close focusing: 1.7m
  • aperture values: 1.8-2.8-4-5.6-8-11-16
  • length (without M42 thread): 92mm
  • weight (approximate): 810g
  • front element: significantly curved
  • rear element: almost flat
  • optical design: 5/4: 111-2, likely ernostar-type

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you may remember my Y/S mount Sigmatel Multi Scalematic 135mm f1.8, which is razor sharp at f4-F5.6...It has a 77mm filter thread.
I only have a kitchen scale which is'nt very accurate but it gives the weight of the bare lens, with a Y/S-M42 adapter fitted as 825g. With both lenscaps, an M42-SA adapter plus a Sonia Brand 77mm lenshood fitted the weight according to my kitchen scale is 950g.
I have tried the trick of shining a torch through to see how many elements it has but I cant see anything so I have'nt a clue which of the 4 types it is?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does this lens sell for? and/or how much have you guys purchased this lens for?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
I agree... it is heavy, it's difficult to focus precisely, the lens has tons of CA, halos, maybe the design shows all currently known optical aberrations (maybe it has even the currently unknown ones Laughing ), but it simply WORKS

To choose a green backgraund is the best idea regarding the tons of green aberrations Razz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodleink wrote:
How much does this lens sell for? and/or how much have you guys purchased this lens for?

The lens is listed in the "Kadlubek’s lens catalogue" for 130 EUR. That is a appropriate price I think.
On ebay I think you can start around 180 ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine a long time ago, I suppose that the price on the flea market was under 100 DM - which is now only ~ 50 Euro.
But the lens had a big scratch on the front lens, some 50 millimeters long.
Without long shade the contrast is often very, very bad.
Furthermore I found some mild fungus on the inside of the last lens.

The last Ebay auction ends at 231 Euro!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mflex-on wrote:
no-X wrote:

To choose a green backgraund is the best idea regarding the tons of green aberrations Razz

What green abberations? Heres one from the Sigmatel with a green background:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: My Formula 5 MC 135/1.8 by Mitake Reply with quote

Check out my Formula 5 MC 135/1.8 by Mitake on my Minolta 7D. I have converted this lens to Minolta/Sony A-mount. Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wwu124/sets/72157626686621855/