Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Issues with Fujinon F1.4/12.5mm (Raspberry Pi Project)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Issues with Fujinon F1.4/12.5mm (Raspberry Pi Project) Reply with quote

Hi there,

First of all, let me know if that's not the right section, I'll move the topic.

A few weeks ago I've started a small project to create my own camera/webcam using a Raspberry Pi Zero and their latest 12M camera sensor. Everything's working perfectly when using a lens like the ArduCam 2.8-12mm:

Not the best quality here, but it works (you can even see the details of my dirty window).

I have acquired a Fujinon f1.4 12.5mm CF12.5HA-1 on eBay (new condition) as I've read that it was a very good c-mount lens. But here's the results I am getting with it:

I can't get it to work properly and I see artefacts as well. What do you think? Is it broken? :/

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like your new lens is too far from the focal plane, so that when you put it at infinity it only focuses at a distance of several millimeters. And it simply captures some dust on your sensor when you close the diaphragm to max.

What is the flange distance of your Raspberry camera? The Fujinon you took has a Back Focal Distance (In Air) of 16.07mm, following this data sheet. If your camera has a larger flange distance from mount to sensor, you should either try to put the new lens a bit deeper, if possible, or to change something in your camera construction, if it is even admitted by its construction.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome dotmick

Remove CS adapter from camera, lens,or both.