Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ISCO Westanar Westagon 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: ISCO Westanar Westagon 50mm Reply with quote

Was diggin around, when I foudn the "sisters"... pretty they are.

Need to give them a try the following days...

P.S.: That Westagon f2/50mm is supposed to be an ULTRON design (W A Tronnier) of nearly apochromatic design.

(c) Taunusreiter.de

Last edited by kds315* on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they look very nice!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess they are not that bad, just found that our member Lars has used it with very nice results (the Westagon f2/50mm that is):
http://manuellfokus.no/isco-gottingen-edixa-westagon-50mm-f2/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was tempted by the Westanar looks at some point but every review said it was very average, so I never pulled a trigger on it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s beautiful lenses those two, I had both too but sold the f/2.8 at some point Wink

I would rate this lens as avarage, but as we all know there are lots of good 50`s so avarage doesn`t mean bad at all. It is a pleasure to use mechanicly and looks like jewelery adapted to the camera. Some CA, vignetting and distortion can be seen, but not that bad really. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
It`s beautiful lenses those two, I had both too but sold the f/2.8 at some point Wink

I would rate this lens as avarage, but as we all know there are lots of good 50`s so avarage doesn`t mean bad at all. It is a pleasure to use mechanicly and looks like jewelery adapted to the camera. Some CA, vignetting and distortion can be seen, but not that bad really. Wink

Are you talking about the Westagon (Ultron Designs) or the Westaner (reversed Tessar design) Lars?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite happy with my Westagon 50mm/2. Not tested yet on the Sony A7II, but on the EOS 5D I found no color aberrations in the images I made.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk about the Westagon Wink

Bokeh is really nice!

Thx for the design update, I`ve updated my site with the information Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lars! The portraits of your wife came out very nice tough!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking lenses!
I would like to have them even if they are "average".
It would be great to see some photos from them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stored both away again, have more important things to do Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I would rate this lens as avarage, but as we all know there are lots of good 50`s so avarage doesn`t mean bad at all.

Absolutely! However, I typically stay away from German lenses and yet still have a Biotar, and Pancolar, and a Rollei Planar. Any new 50 feels like one too many to me. Well, almost any - I probably could fit a Summicron in my lineup Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

I think you should shoot some flowers with them, they can surprise you, really Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

You are such a tease!! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, it is in close reach and if I feel tempted I may give it a spin.... Wink
Will take a while, a full week of rain has been forecast Crying or Very sad