Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco-Göttingen Westagon Westrocolor 50mm 1.9 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Isco-Göttingen Westagon Westrocolor 50mm 1.9 M42 Reply with quote

Added 2 lenses to the Isco collection. Already got one Tele-Westanar 135 3.5 'zebra/red/window'. Not sure but looks like the Westagon (on Edixa in pic) matches the Westrocolor 50 1.9 and is of same outer design as the 135s. Is the Westagon same as Westrocolor, just different names, or is the optics/blades any different? Do they optically match the Schneider Xenon? Is there any other lens, apart from the 35mm 2.8 that share the outer design?

http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/95-schneiderkreuznach-edixa-xenon-50mm-f19220-z

http://forum.mflenses.com/isco-gottingen-westrocolor-50mm-f19-t45655.html

Last edited by roglebk on Tue May 28, 2019 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent question! I don't know. Isco naming convention seem a total conundrum to me. Nice lenses though, both isco in general and the ones in your photo. The look of that particular version is one of my favorite lens as to cosmetics design. Just elegant.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that particular series is real lookers and all metal high quality. Is there any Isco that really stands out optically and one that is good to stay far away from? Alu ones looks nice too but quite slow. If someone got any interest in the camera bits and bags send a pm, not collecting Edixa stuff.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the ISCO lenses, but the camera bag in your picture is very cool...

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably half a cow went into that bag Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feeling that the Westrocolor 50 1.9 is the same optically as the Westagon.
The Westrocolor 50 1.9 is a very nice lens and performs very well.
T

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Westacolor 6/5 or 6/4 design? I find claims of both on google.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 photos!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this lens a relative of the Schneider xenon?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatorengineer64 wrote:
Is this lens a relative of the Schneider xenon?

Smile I wanted to ask the same. The bokeh for one looks very similar (i.e. absolutely lovely!).
They certainly are related in some way, just as Schneider and Isco are. But how much? Are they the same?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those zebras. Optically, they are average IMO. You still miss the 35mm in your collection Wink