Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco-gottingen Edixa-Westanar 4.5/150 M42 mount (Silver)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Isco-gottingen Edixa-Westanar 4.5/150 M42 mount (Silver) Reply with quote

I am so happy this lens finally arrived.It has a few issues as you will see on the images...fungus/oil(?) and there is a very small amount of movement near the mount...and it is a little dirty.. Wink I think I might be able to clean it myself as it looks like the front end screws off, all the glass is at the front end and the rear is just a barrel.

#10 These are 2 very quick test shots,overcast day, a bump to the contrast in windows live gallery.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your happiness, you get a great lens with some quality, I ≧✯◡✯≦✌ I look forward,your positive results after cleaning!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Mo! quite bad condition indeed Sad ......I really hope you will get it clean and in good working state because you have waited quite long before to received it....anyway, the first samples seems to be a little bit hazy probably coming from the bad condition of the glasses Question ....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I have done a few tests now and it is very low on contrast in daylight needs a lot of PP. I can clean the first two elements but I have no idea how to clean the rear glass in the mount end without dismantling the lens Sad (this is the dirtiest glass).
I think it has lost any coating it may of had on the front glass and mixed with this dirty rear glass it produces soft images...lots of details etc but very soft.Still I like it and I am sure once I get to know it better it will be a favorite.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice purchase - I hope you did not pay too much ,because of the shape its in. My experience with something in this shape is that a hood helps a lot, and doing a couple of test shots to determine the best angle vastly improves my image quality.

The whole front block of this lens unscrews,in my experience -making it easy enough to clean. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo: Did you ever get it cleaned up?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, but the fungus is persistant,I noticed it was back again the other day.

These are two fairly recent shots,the bird image is cropped slightly

Last edited by mo on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bird; looks tropical. Sounds like you may not have gotten it fully clean.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a closer look and there seems to spotted coating loss on the elements directly behind the aperture blades.Does your lenses front end screw off? It looks like it is a solid piece of glass,I am not sure if the front beauty ring also can be screwed off.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting lens.