Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco-Göttingen ISCORAMA anamorphic lens M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Isco-Göttingen ISCORAMA anamorphic lens M42 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm reselling this lens for the price I've got it : 160€ +shipping from France.
I can also trade it for same value lens(es).

Click here to see on Ebay

Why ? because, even if it is working, it has a very hard to turn aperture ring. The seller will refund me fully but as it's a pretty rare lens, maybe someone would like to take it.

It's a 2 parts lenses, with a 50/2.8 M42 mount lens that include auto iris, aperturne pin and M/A switch; then the anamorphozer that include focusing ring and is fully rotating to let you choose the anamorphic direction.

I think the hard focus ring is easy to fix has this lens part has no focus ring, but I don't want to try.

Other problems already listed : there is some "rainbow" haze around one inside anamorphozer element. It is not spead on the whole element. TIny scraches and dust also. I can't see any problem on pics taken with it.

Also both rings are plastic and they are grey on the pics but it's easy to clean.

More pictures, questions ? please ask.

Here is the original vendor description :

Quote:
Isco-Göttingen "AUTO ISCORAMA" anamorphic lens (M42 screw mount). This rare lens is meant for shooting pictures and not projection ! It features a rear pin, usefull if your SLR camera has a built-in TTL metering ("aperture priority" or "shutter priority") ; but it also features an "automatic" / "manual" switch for the iris, making this lens fully compatible with every m42 cameras !

This lens is meant to be used with m42 bodies (also known as Praktica screw/thread mount, Pentax screw/thread mount, universal screw/thread mount), so it is meant to be used with m42 film cameras. But you can also use it with DSLRs (Canon, Pentax, and even Nikon but with a few compromises) with an appropriate adapter. It is also useable with the Krasnogorsk-3 (M42 version) 16mm movie camera, or with the Bolex and Beaulieu 8mm/16mm movie cameras (with a "C-mount" to M42 adapter).

I bought it from GoKevinCameras at the fall of october 2007 (the link is still avaible) for 395$ USD. It is in the same shape as when I bought it - so a rather good shape : the housing shows some wear, the lenses are free of fungus ; but when seen through light, it appears there are very small scratches and a few dust inside - that seem not to impact the image (at least when looked through a camera viewfinder). There is a iridescent mark on the border of the rear lens of the anamorphot (this lens is a two-stage lens).

This lens is a two-stage lens. Of course, this auction is for a complete lens (the two stages). I add a rear cap, and a front UV filter (as I don't have the cap ; that was what GoKevinCameras did). I am selling this lens for financial reasons (I must say I got with this lens an unforseen customs clearance ; but as I am an individual, you will not get one). So I haven't took pictures with this lens yet.

Florent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has been sent back to the seller.