Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this lens a keeper or not?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Is this lens a keeper or not? Reply with quote

I was cleaning out one of my camera bags and came across this Nikkor 35mm f2 O C Auto lens. I haven't used it in quite a while. I'm leaning towards selling it unless someone here knows something that I don't about this lens.. I did a search, but I haven't been able to find much info on this particular lens. It appears to be multicoated Anyone here know anything about it or have any idea about how much this lens would sell for on ebay? Any input is welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm it is Multi coated lens and I think a great one.

http://www.mflenses.com/index.php/component/option,com_rokreporter/report,priceguide/task,run/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people respect this site..

http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_wide.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notorious for being a bit vulnerable to flare, but otherwise flawless, and the signature prime of 60-80's press photography. Worth keeping for that classic image signature alone.

Sevo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have one in my bag, too, for my Pentax K10D, and it works like a charm ...
The global tone of the images is a bit cold when compared to my SMC Takumar 35/2, but the sharpness and the contrast are great ...
For the resale value, frankly don't know ... I paid mine about 40$, while my Takumar was more expensive ...

In other words, if you don't need cash, keep your lens and enjoy it ...

Best regards

Edit: replaced "use" by "enjoy", it was what i wanted to say, but i'm not a native english speaker ...

Last edited by indianadinos on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens - keep it unless you need the money. It is one of the best 35's around and as mentioned above has a long-lived reputation.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of similar vintage and use it on my D200 where it performs in an exemplary manner. Keep it, use it, enjoy it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a keeper!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one just like it, and no way am I letting go of mine.