Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this fungus?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Is this fungus? Reply with quote

I recently got a Schneider-Kreuznach Durst Componon 150/5.6 bundled with some other things. I don't know what mount it originally had, but now it's got a M42 thread glued onto the back. It also has a big ol' blemish of some kind on the inside of the rear element.

It doesn't have the fibres/threads I'd expect to see, and it's very shiny in the right light, I'd almost think it was a chip in the glass but the edges are sort of rounded?

Very shiny when the right catches it at certain angles

taken with bellows Tak 100/4 at full bellows extension, 100% crop

The lens is pretty unwieldy on a SLR, the bellows needs to be extended about halfway for the thing to reach infinity Laughing

The pictures have nice colours but are a little soft, no surprise with that shiny blob on the rear element.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this fungus? Reply with quote

To me it looks like someone has spilled glue , grease , paint or something similar. I don`t think that it`s fungus trough. Try using a micro fabric cloth and some cleaner or alcohol to wipe it off.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be an odd creeping shape of an air bubble between two bonded elements? certainly looks very curious, and not at all fungus-like.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not fungus for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Could it be an odd creeping shape of an air bubble between two bonded elements? certainly looks very curious, and not at all fungus-like.

A little googling found a lens diagram, and the last group is indeed 2 bonded elements.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/77876-schneider-componon-camera-lens-2.html

I guess it's time to buy a lens spanner so I can have a look... Not that separation would be fixable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its indeed separation, i would be glad to take a look ofc in case that you would like it fixed or it impact image contrast etc..