Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

is this common?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: is this common? Reply with quote

The item is in Portsmouth.

but the seller is in China.

Confused Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience tells me somes seller who located in China will put "HK" the locational information. This is to make the buyer feel more comfortable about the seller. When I buy from these seller, I will realize the seller is not located in HK immediately if I do not get the item few days after it is marked posted.

Check the feedback of the seller. Sometimes, you may able to get the real location here. Not 100% trust-able but it will be a good reference. Wink
http://feedback.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=camera-acc&iid=-1&de=off&page=1&items=25&interval=365&which=neutral&convFdkId=863686577018&convShow=true#863686577018

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that claiming the item is in the UK (not HK) when it is actually in China is a no-no in the Ebay rules.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had experience of these, in my case (twice) the accessory has come very quickly, sooner than from China.

I dont have a problem buying from China its more reliable than Europe and you get instant refunds if theres ANY problem.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the US I've seen it a variety of ways. I've seen Chinese sellers indicate they were located in China, and when I ordered from them it usually takes two weeks to a month for the item to arrive. I've seen Chinese sellers indicate they were located in the states, although they had identical merchandise at identical prices as the Chinese sellers, and when I order from them, the items arrive quickly. And I've seen where they claim they were from the states, but the item came from China, with its two week to one month wait. Fortunately I haven't run into many of the latter.

I think that, in the middle case, the seller has set up a shipping conduit with somebody here in the US. The seller ships inventory to the US location, but handles the money and bookkeeping in China. The entity in the US receives shipping orders from the Chinese seller, and ships the item to the US buyer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a NEX adapter a few weeks ago that was supposed to be shipped from the UK but came from China, and that wasn't through ebay, it was direct from the company web site - I can't remember which company at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several Chinese seller has UK stock and ship from UK.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember I bought a adapter from a seller who mentioned it is located in China. Later, I got the adapter later and discover it was sent from Singapore! Sometime, you really do not know where will the item coming.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have this in the U.S. I believe it's a Chinese seller who rents space in a warehouse of a nephew's basement and someone in the U.S. ships it after it's bought. Prices are good, shipping is a buck or two more, wait is 70% shorter.