Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there any drawback of using more than one adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Is there any drawback of using more than one adapter? Reply with quote

I'm considering to buy some adaptall-2 sp glasses but there is not an original Tamron adapter for EOS mount, there are some Chineese made modelsbut I don't know how good they are. I've found an M42 Adaptall-2 adapter and thought that I can use it with M42-EOS adapter. Can using 2 adapters for just a lens have any drawbacks?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with these adapters, but I don't think there will be any problems. Chinese adapters should be fine too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3 cents
I think that the best way is go straight. Buy Tamron AD2 adapter mount for EOS. This way you have guarantee that everything will work together. What you are going to do if using one adapter on the second adapter finally wouldn't give you focusing to infinity? BTW - you wrote that you own [several AD2 lenses. Is it wort to make "savings"? Average AD2 adapter is always below $40, shipping included.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's what I use, no problems. I keep the M42 mounts on the lenses to use with the 400D and the Spotmatics and change to PK mount for the Pentaxes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already purchased 5 M42-EOS adapters (they are all on the road:), I've bought spare ones for my 2 Minolta MD mount modification project) and one AF assist chip (intended to buy a complete adapter but got just the ship, my fault) so I had already made the expenses. I'll give a try for the Adaptall-2 M42 adapter as it's a lot cheaper than the EOS version.

For now I'll just buy a 80-200 f:3.8-4 cause they are really cheap and will look for fast (as I shoot mainly concerts) prime and zooms.

Edit, add:
I've bid 15$ for M42 adapter and was overbidden immediately so no need to increase the price as I can get a brand new chinese one for 20$. I will choose the EOS one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using M42 Adaptall on an M42 -> EOS adatpter to use Tamron Adapall lenses on my EOS cameras. No problem so far with a goof M42 -> EOS adapter.

Please note than EOS Adaptall adapters sold actually were NOT made buy Tamron so they can be poorly adjusted as some M42 to EOS adapters...