Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it possible to identify these lenses????
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Is it possible to identify these lenses???? Reply with quote

Here's a pic of a few lenses. Can anyone identify all the lenses in this photo? Is it possible to identify these lenses from the picture shown? Razz

I think I can name them all. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, there is a Helios-44M 2/58 and a Mamiya 2/55.

Laughing

The Fuji lens is either a 50mm or a wide angle, probably a 35mm.

The silver one at the right is a CZJ Biotar 2/58.

The one with the Pentax cap is a Takumar, too small to be a 1.4/50. I guess it's the 3.5/35.

The preset tele lens that is placed on the top of the cam, is a 135mm. Perhaps an old Tamron, but I rather guess it's a "noname" brand, I had a very similar lens labelled "Opticam".

I am not sure about the silver one at the left, perhaps another old German one, and about the lens with the green stripe. The cap says "Hanimex", but that doesn't mean a lot. Wink

P.S.: Are these your books? What kind of book is "A Field Guide to Demons"?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
OK, there is a Helios-44M 2/58 and a Mamiya 2/55.

Laughing

The Fuji lens is either a 50mm or a wide angle, probably a 35mm.

The silver one at the right is a CZJ Biotar 2/58.

The one with the Pentax cap is a Takumar, too small to be a 1.4/50. I guess it's the 3.5/35.

The preset tele lens that is placed on the top of the cam, is a 135mm. Perhaps an old Tamron, but I rather guess it's a "noname" brand, I had a very similar lens labelled "Opticam".

I am not sure about the silver one at the left, perhaps another old German one, and about the lens with the green stripe. The cap says "Hanimex", but that doesn't mean a lot. Wink

P.S.: Are these your books? What kind of book is "A Field Guide to Demons"?

LOL... "A Field Guide to Demons" is a reference book, I like to write in my spare time. If you look closley you will see other reference books such as "Hero's and Heroines" and "The Complete Fantasy Reference". Very Happy

That was a very good guess on the 135, it is an Opticam. The lens marked Hanimex, is a Hanimex 28mm 2.8 ( Hanimex made a very large 28mm lens). The other aluminum lens is a 50mm 2.8 Tessar, and the Fujinon is a 55mm 1.8 EBC lens. The Pentax is a "Super Tak 55mm 1.8.

You have good eyes my friend. Very Happy Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get these books from amazon? I guess I will look for them...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Can I get these books from amazon? I guess I will look for them...

Do you like to write also?
I do believe most of the titles are still available on Amazon.

"Worlds od Wonder" by David Gerrold is a terrifc book.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I like my students to write. Sometimes fantasy topics trigger some more motivation. Wink