Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

iPhoto - OVER CHARGE!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: iPhoto - OVER CHARGE! Reply with quote

iPhoto has the right to charge what they like, but this seller list items much higher than they are worth and laughs about it.

This is just to let others know that his prices are inflated, do your research before you buy from this guy. You will save yourself a lot of money.

This was his response to my question about a Yashica GSN he listed for 149.00.

Dear spiralcity1,

I really don't have time to be discussing this right now. I am busy preparing other cameras to list. Smile I think I will list the next one for $189.

Thanks for letting me know your opinion

As I said, he has the right to list the camera for what ever he wants. I just want other to know that if you do a close bid search you will see the average price for this camera is around 45.00 USD.

Do your research before bidding on an item you may think is rare. This camera was a top seller back in the day because it was priced right plus it has a rather fast, sharp lens. Yashica manufactured them by the thousands.

It's not rare and rather easy to find. I picked a GS up for 15.00 USD at a flea-market. The camera came with a case and many extras, plus it works perfect.

I have actually seen a few sellers trying to push these cameras as rare.

Believe me, they can be found in working condition at just about any flea-market for well under 149.00 USD.

Last edited by spiralcity on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots more like him - ranging from the innocent through the ignorant to the opportunistic and then the dishonest. Every month there seems to be more and more wildly inflated prices on eBay, along with rip-off shipping charges. Truly, it's caveat emptor.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
There are lots more like him - ranging from the innocent through the ignorant to the opportunistic and then the dishonest. Every month there seems to be more and more wildly inflated prices on eBay, along with rip-off shipping charges. Truly, it's caveat emptor.

Yes, there are more like him, it's a shame... Sad

He knows what the camera is worth and basically laughs about it. He actually bragged about posting the next one for 189.00.

This is why he and others need to be brought to the attention of the photography community.

All noobs should do their research before buying, and always question a seller if you think his price is inflated.

As you can see by this sellers response to my enquiry, he has absoltutely no morals and basically laughed at me.

Keep in mind that the Yashica is a nice camera, but it is not worth 149.00 USD.