Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interchangable Vivitar TX mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Interchangable Vivitar TX mount Reply with quote

I found a very few people know, many of Vivitar lens has interchangeable TX mount like Tamron Adaptall mount. This means you can buy very cheap Vivitar lenses with Olympus OM or Minolta end and you can use them on your Nikon or Canon camera with right TX mount. Please see pictures below this is a TX mount.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bough my first TX lens with Olympus OM mount (Vivitar 24mm f/2.Cool and second came with M42 mount (Vivitar 200mm f/3.5), third with Minolta MD (Vivitar 300mm f/5.6) either of them wasn't perfect on Nikon. Thanks for TX mount I could buy I Nikon adapter separately on Ebay. Now I am happy lens owner I can use them perfectly on my Nikon body. I am looking next ones with Minolta,Canon FD or Konica mounts. This lenses are go for a few bucks because the mount is not too popular.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also another version, the T4 mount, which also appeared on Vivitar (and Soligor) lenses. They are partially interchangeable - as I recall you can put a T4 mount on a TX lens but not the other way round, and TX provides for full aperture metering (where the camera system supported that) but T4 is stop-down only. I think.

I have some stuff on them at http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html