Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 61L and Volna-9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Industar 61L and Volna-9 Reply with quote

Since I got my Volna-9 I was always curious how it compares to Industar 61 so I decided to buy one.
Two days ago (last day of my annual leave) I went out to test my newly acquired Industar 61L/3.

At home I did a simple bokeh comparison with Volna-9 (both lenses wide open at f/2.Cool

Taken with Industar 61L at the closest possible focus.

Taken with Volna-9 at the same distance from the object as the Industar.

My conclusion is that Industar 61L is far from the bokeh of the Volna-9.

Last edited by voe on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paguru wrote:
Beautiful shots!
The colors are very nice, but the bokeh is indeed disturbing. The doubled lines make me a little dizzy when I look at them. Does it get better when you close it down one step or so?

Thanks!
Due to the star shaped aperture on both lenses when stopped down the result will be star shaped out of focus highlights which I think is strange no better no worse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, congrats! I prefer Industar. Volna is good, like others. Industar is unique. Look at the first picture, it's like a painting. This is the one always in my bag...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Industar 61 based on Tessar design? And Volna 9?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to find Industrial incredibly sharp, I have 2 and the better is like this
Industar 61L/3 @F4

Last edited by voytek on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the I61 from Riku today and I am looking forward to testshoot it along the Volna-9.