Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-61 L/Z-MC 2.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Industar-61 L/Z-MC 2.8/50 Reply with quote

Have been tidying out my study all day / evening, and happened upon this lens in amongst some other Russians - took a couple of quick shots to see if it's as sweet as I remember it being...

...I still like it, and plan to use it a lot more.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to muzzle your chilis over there?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
You have to muzzle your chilis over there?

patrickh

Laughing
and dried lemons too.

Very nice lens.

Olivier

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish chillies are the work of the devil you see, pure distilled evil in a small net, to let them out would be a disaster Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Industar-61 L/Z-MC?? Is this lens having a special star-shape bokeh?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:

Well, I think so.

http://www.mflenses.com/index.php/Industar/Industar-61-vs-Volna-9-by-Tom-Tiger.html

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
djmike wrote:

Well, I think so.

http://www.mflenses.com/index.php/Industar/Industar-61-vs-Volna-9-by-Tom-Tiger.html

Oliver, thanks. That's an interesting lens.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't only seem to be a very interesting lense. This is also a marvellous picture. I like the colours and especially the presentation. Sensible use of DOF.

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those peppers should definately stay behind bars... unfortunately I am allergic to them... A real shame because I love them...

I just got my copy of this lens and I am having a lot of fun with it. It is very nice at 2.8 for schnaportraits, and stopped down is a really nice close-up lens.
I screwed it on my m42 vivitar macro TC and got a cool shot of a fly eye that rivals my 105mm vivitar series 1...
As the bugs are out and about here, like you I think I will use this one some more.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going through the folder again and my better-half spotted this shot and suggested I upload it too Embarassed

Apologies to all the chilli intolerants here - the weather has been appallingly bad (even by Irish standards), it's dark outside now anyway, and these are the only shots I have taken with this lens.

Am gonna take it to the Botanic Gardens at the weekend with the S-M-C Macro Takumar 4/50 and have me some fun with 'em both Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Industar is an excellent lens as this picture shows. I had for a short while and I did really love it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
I was going through the folder again and my better-half spotted this shot and suggested I upload it too Embarassed

Apologies to all the chilli intolerants here - the weather has been appallingly bad (even by Irish standards), it's dark outside now anyway, and these are the only shots I have taken with this lens.

Am gonna take it to the Botanic Gardens at the weekend with the S-M-C Macro Takumar 4/50 and have me some fun with 'em both Wink

Yes the weather was terrible today, not but rain!

Nice shots too, great use of dof too

My dad has a industar and a brute of a praktika hiding in his attic somewhere, i must get up there and find it. With a bit of luck it might be the same one that you have.

Oh and enjoy the botanic gardens too, there great.... Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 61 also, but had no idea it was THAT good Shocked

Mind you, it's the L39 version on my FED,, and the rangefinder isn't up to that level of focus accuracy. Must find a better use fir it.

Nice image though, it would make a great print for the kitchen wall Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments guys Wink

I took it to the Botanic Gardens yesterday and did some shooting - nothing too macro-y, just trying it out in the real world.

Apologies if these shots are boring, but I'm very fond of this lens now, and am deeply in lust with the bokeh Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very hard to beat for the money, meant to have a go with mine today, but got sidetracked, I am inspired by the good images that you and others have produced, nice one Mal Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice samples! you can trust your better-half taste, it's my fav too