Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-50 KIEV 16mm lens C mount ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Industar-50 KIEV 16mm lens C mount ? Reply with quote

I did try to use lens with C mount adapter , but can't screw into , looks it has bigger diameter than C mount. Any experience ?

Mine is early one 5cm f3.5 RED P.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it lens like this one?

Maybe u can ask to this seller, he's usualy open to any questions reguarding to his items.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , same lens but much older mine has serial 0000916 and bought locally.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this lens from Kiev-16 movie camera, then it has M32x0.5 thread mount with 31mm flange back distance. It can be used on mirrorless cameras with handmade M32-M39 adapter(or just wrap thread with duct tape) over the M39 adapter.

Anyway, it's a usual Industar-50, like any other. I see no reason to mess with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nukemall wrote:
If this lens from Kiev-16 movie camera, then it has M32x0.5 thread mount with 31mm flange back distance. It can be used on mirrorless cameras with handmade M32-M39 adapter(or just wrap thread with duct tape) over the M39 adapter.

Anyway, it's a usual Industar-50, like any other. I see no reason to mess with it.

MIne lens almost 25mm probably 26-27mm screw mount, I think I will fix it with tape as usual if no adapter in my hands. I am not sure about quality , did you try it already? I expect more from a 16mm camera lens , than a mass produced Industar-50 camera lens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses for Kiev-16U - M32x0.5 thread and 31mm flange back,
lenses for Kiev-16C - M27x0.75 thread and 17.35mm flange back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once I had an thin M27x0.75 to RMS adapter - I'm not sure if I still have it or if I sold it but I think it can be mounted easily with such an 3-adapter solution on NEX if you don't need infinity

Even good copies of the normal Industar-50 are very high-resolving in center (up to 38 lin/mm) so should be a very sharp lens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for both! Seems Kiev-16C lens.

I did mount it with tape to M39 adapter try it at room light handheld, wide open.

Click on image to get high resolution, color and contrast fixed, sharpness not.

Attention to mobile users, large file 5000px wide.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I encounter the same "problem".
The fact is that there are sellers on eBay that describe these lenses as C-mount. But they aren't.
It's an M27 mount.

From what I see from my Industar-50 and my RO-28, there is enough space margin to remake a mount from scratch.
I think it's not so easy to do but it's possible. It requires to totally cut or remove the M27 mount and solder a C-mount on it.
The operation needs to be precise about the flange distance. As I'm about to go back in my original country soon, I won't make it right now but I'll do when I will be back there.
I don't know where we can find empty M25 C-mount. This is the hard part to find. If anyone has an idea, it would help me a lot. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a lot of work for few benefit.
The Industar-50 is an Industar-50, you can find it very cheap in m39 or M42 mount.
The RO51 20/2.8 covers very few, it's usuable only on Pentax Q I think, or maybe M4/3 (made for 7.5x10mm).

But if you still want to make it, chineese seller on ebay sell cheap C mount lenses CCTV, the mount part is easy to remove. That might help you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea ! Wink
I've seen incredible footages with Industar-50 in 4K; that's why I'll invest in it !

Oh, I should have precise that's I intend to use it for movie making and not photography.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a solution to use these lenses ! It was so simple...

My taking camera is a modified Yi 4K+ with a back-bone ribcage.
This ribcage is a CS-mount based platform, on which I put a C-mount adapter to use C-mount lenses.
So I don't need to modify the lenses; all I have to use a M27x0.75 to CS-mount (or C-mount, as the thread is the same size) adapter and eventually use a shim to compensate the flange difference, and put it right into the CS-mount thread.

I ever tested the solution by putting the lenses in front of the CS-mount and it's OK. I just have to wait for the adapter I've just ordered.
Happy Cat