Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ikonta A, last summer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Ikonta A, last summer Reply with quote

I finally started scanning a roll of film from last summer, Ikonta A (a 645 folder from 1933, uncoated Tessar 4.5/75 in Compur), Fuji Neopan Acros 100, "Sunny Sixteen". Here are three frames from the first strip of four, the omitted third frame was almost like like included fourth frame, but framing was slightly off. I scanned the negs with an Epson 4990 at 2400 ppi to 21.6 Mpixels with Vuescan.

The first two photos are from the Pique-Nique of which I earlier posted some photos taken with Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60. I have also provided links to files which have been downscaled to 5D frame height -- this will give a better idea of the IQ obtainable with this humble, old, shirt pocket size medium format folder camera.

( http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/ikonta_a_files/iko1_5d.jpg )

( http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/ikonta_a_files/iko2_5d.jpg )

The third photo is of the Helsinki Cathedral, which by now ought to be familiar to most of you:

The Ikonta is one of my two favourite cameras, very small and very reliable with an impeccable IQ, perhaps not quite up to the 5D level, but good enough for most purposes - and great fun Smile

Veijo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the sunny 16? Excellent exposure, Veijo! Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilva thanks for the samples. My first camera was a folding Ikonta with the cute little focussing lens on the side - ahh such fond memories.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Well, what could be easier than Sunny 16 in full sunshine Shocked

Verijo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Tessar! Always ubiquitous, ALWAYS stellar!

Hook that up with Veijo Vilva, and something good is bound to come out of it!

The tonalities are to die for - the Neopan is SUCH a wonderful film for subdued contrast -- but not TOO subdued. It yields a smooth-toned gradation that makes these images sing.

Wonderful, Veijo. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Here are a few frames from the same roll under somewhat more difficult conditions for Sunny Sixteen:

(These were taken without a tripod -- the Ikonta can very conveniently be just put on a table or something and held steady. The last shot is hand-held, however.)

A combined interior-exterior shot is always a balancing act:

Quite decent results with a 75 years old pocket camera. One can do photography with a tool like that, it just keeps working. The more I use, the more I like it.

Veijo