Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I just pulled the trigger on another gem!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: I just pulled the trigger on another gem! Reply with quote

I just won an auction on Fleabay for a 135mm f/3.5 AI Nikkor and including shipping, I am out a whopping $76.50! It is a birthday present from my wife, though she doesn't know it yet. For that kind of money I doubt she will complain. There is honestly nothing else I need or want.

The lens is absolutely immaculate. I am so glad to see that there are other people out there like me who get a lot of use out of their old lenses but are still very careful to take good care of them. Although the f/3.5 is a about a half stop slower than its f/2.8 sibling, it is sharper, more compact and about $40 cheaper. It, like of the rest of my AI and AIS Nikkors, is built like a tank. Lighter and more compact is a definite plus since my gear bag is getting too heavy now as it is! This gem fills the gap perfectly between my 105mm f/1.8 and 180mm f/2.8 AIS Nikkors.

These are crappy photos from the auction but they show the immaculate condition of this lens. It even has the JCII sticker on it, which will immediately come off.