Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I have a little money left...What next?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Well, after looking at your list, it seems that you have a possible hole between 85mm and 135mm ... What about an SMC Takumar 105/2.8 ? I love the sharpness and the bokeh of this lens ...
I have a 100mm f/4 M42 bellows lens. And I've been looking at a Zeiss Sonnar 120mm f/2.8.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sell Pentax and buy a mirror less camera and discover much lens as you can Wink great fun . buy try and sell them and publish result here Laughing Laughing

SELL MY PENTAX???????????????? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
Oh, some Leitz lenses are not that expensive.

A nice Summicron-R 2/50 can be found for clearly under €200,- and the Elmarit-R 2.8/28 for about €300,- sometimes.

All you need is patience. Wink

I'll stay with Zeiss, I think. More in my ball park. Alabama rednecks don't need to put on airs!! LOL

Resistance is futile... Laughing

I see you haven't met the Wife!!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
What next??

Go wide or ultra wide.

I have been looking at a Pentax 12-24. Very expensive to go in that direction but really it is the way I need to go.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
Full frame Canon EOS 5D Laughing

I'm thinking full frame too...but Pentax eventually.

It might be a long wait unless you are thinking about FF medium format. Few years ago, Pentax has already announced it will not go into FF 35mm DSLR.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some of the limited edition Pentax lenses? Great stuff!

I once met a guy who shot with a K7, I think (can't remeber exactly), and five limited lenses exclusively - from wide angle to short tele! Pretty fascinating idea.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing, using the lenses and then you can find quite reasonable own arguments for what is missing in your new build up collection. And we are quit happy to help you comment the pictures and advise you about other lenses that might the same pictures let shine better. No rush to other lenses, without any argument, validated by the forum, that can help to convince your wife too. That is much better for your marriage (and for the forum). Keep the LBA a little bit in control!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the wife the mirror less camera and share the passion...LBA of course... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
Full frame Canon EOS 5D Laughing

I'm thinking full frame too...but Pentax eventually.

It might be a long wait unless you are thinking about FF medium format. Few years ago, Pentax has already announced it will not go into FF 35mm DSLR.

I've been looking at the new Medium format from Pentax and have decided to pass as it is waaaaaay too expensive.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
What about some of the limited edition Pentax lenses? Great stuff!

I once met a guy who shot with a K7, I think (can't remeber exactly), and five limited lenses exclusively - from wide angle to short tele! Pretty fascinating idea.

I have3 looked and passed on them. They are good. But then my pocket book is getting too small for them. (For now!)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Testing, using the lenses and then you can find quite reasonable own arguments for what is missing in your new build up collection. And we are quit happy to help you comment the pictures and advise you about other lenses that might the same pictures let shine better. No rush to other lenses, without any argument, validated by the forum, that can help to convince your wife too. That is much better for your marriage (and for the forum). Keep the LBA a little bit in control!

I depend on my friends here and am trying to keep it under control. I would prefer to not duplicate my Focal ranges this time. Cost less that way too. Who needs 12 135mm lenses any way?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Buy the wife the mirror less camera and share the passion...LBA of course... Very Happy

The thought has crossed my mind...But a used K10D or KX is more like it.