Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I catched the gem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: I catched the gem Reply with quote

135/4 cccp lens i think
Many blades
21 euro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite lenses, I have a few copies in Kiev/Contax, M39 and M42, all are great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I catched the gem Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
135/4 cccp lens i think
Many blades
21 euro
Jupiter-11, it is a nice lens indeed, I have 2 of them, 1 in Kiev Automat-mount and one in M39 SLR mount.

For 21e is a very good deal!
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_912.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, the Jupiter-11 is still one of the best 135mm available. I have both M39 versions LTM and Zenit.
Yours is obviously the LTM version.
However, I strongly recommend to use a lens shade because it's prone to flare. I'm using a cheap rubber one which is good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 135/4 Jupiter is a very fine lens, based on the Zeiss Sonnar 135/4 made for the prewar Contax I/II/III and still produced with Contax bayonet mount (rarely, with 39x1 Leica thread) also later, from Carl Zeiss Jena (DDR) and the western Carl Zeiss.

I agree: the best results with this great Russian lens can be obtained always mounting a proper lens shade, as said even in the old, Zeiss instructions.

E.L.