Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to repair my Leitz summar 120mm f4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: How to repair my Leitz summar 120mm f4.5 Reply with quote

Hi,
few weeks ago I bought a lot of summars, 35mm, 65mm and 120mm
the 2 first are mint condition, and the 120, well, is in very good shape but need some repair.
The good thing about this lenses is that they are very easy to dissmantle. there is the frame with the aperture ring(16blades) and to lens groups, rear and front easy to unscrew
First picture shows one of the elements, they both have a little oil on the outtr part of the lens, Iwould have to separate the elements and I do not realy want to do so but the paint that cover the elements is falling apart
What paint should I use? the black spot on the lens is just old paint and the yellow thing on the upper left oil

Second picture shows the aperture blades, they where very stiff so I cleaned thep with isopropilic alcohol but they are still abit stiff, frame shoul be cleaned also
Second picture shows the blades and the peeling paint

Any advice wellcome