Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to compare which MF lens is better?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: How to compare which MF lens is better? Reply with quote

Damn that plastic oly pen kit zoom is very good.

I don't like it .. it's plastic...but it's better than my MF primes - at least in terms of sharpness and CA..

I feel terrible to see that my 20/4 and 35/2.8 flektogons and 50/2 pancolar are just not good enough than the plastic Shocked

suggest a test please.. i have tried with some home printed resolution charts and also with banknotes.. as they have very fine print - visible only with magnifying glass.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std,

I know the feeling. I managed to mount my old Contax RF Biogon 21mm on my GF-1. For one, old lenses are HEAVY! After putting back the Lumix 20mm, it's a totally different camera (in terms of handling) altogether!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felt the same way about the kit lenses that came with my E-510. Horrible crap plastic barrel ED glass omg these are sharp! Very Happy

I'm an MF junkie for character, not absolute sharpness.

But there are some very nice MF lenses that are quite compact, and work well on the E-P2. The Industar 50, for one. And every Pentax-110 lens made will still take up less space than the the body does.

The E-P2 looks downright HUGE with the Pentax-110 24/2.8!