Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How about the MFlens 80/2.8(120mounts) Price.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: How about the MFlens 80/2.8(120mounts) Price. Reply with quote

Hello,Everybody.
I'm a Chinese that who want search a lens of 80/2.8 or 120/2.8[zeiss biometar 80/2.8 2.8/80 P6]
the is too dear in China,I want to know how much in Eurpo?
PS:are you all come the same country? the website belong with country?
(I'm so sorry poor in English)...
Thanks!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Mamiya 645 80/2.8 N probably is a better option for 80mm. You can get one from KEH.com for $60-70.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you stay longer on the forum you will realize we are from all over the world. You English is fine. Most of us, English is not our mother tongue. Don't worry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
A Mamiya 645 80/2.8 N probably is a better option for 80mm. You can get one from KEH.com for $60-70.

Many THANKS!the KEH is succesful for linking(usual we can not link to the forgien website because the govement)
I will compare to the 3 lens,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
If you stay longer on the forum you will realize we are from all over the world. You English is fine. Most of us, English is not our mother tongue. Don't worry.

English is not our mother tongue to!we are only speak cantones Laughing write in Chinese. have words with other in HAKKA Embarassed
English is only learning at school.but never use in the comon live. Rolling Eyes
the is some difficult to read in the forum some word shoul check in the dictionary(website) Wink aaaaah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:

mamiya sekor C 80/2.8 mamiya 645 120 in china is only ¥650(90-100USD) KEH 70USD for buying and the shipping to china,I think the price will over than 100 USD.
look at the website,whether or not the lens?whict is made in Japan with Green "C"
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5754313959

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God!
the 645 turn to EOS switch will cost ¥300-600,the half price of the lens!or the whole lens Price!the cheapst swich should cost 230 in TAOBAO.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apaddy wrote:
My God!
the 645 turn to EOS switch will cost ¥300-600,the half price of the lens!or the whole lens Price!the cheapst swich should cost 230 in TAOBAO.com

Adapter is the right word (instead of switch). Smile Normally I would recommend the Fotodiox Pro Mamiya 645 adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apaddy wrote:
mamiya sekor C 80/2.8 mamiya 645 120 in china is only ¥650(90-100USD) KEH 70USD for buying and the shipping to china,I think the price will over than 100 USD.
look at the website,whether or not the lens?whict is made in Japan with Green "C"
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5754313959

Yes, that is the right lens: Mamiya-Sekor C 80mm 1:2.8 N.

There is also an older version without the N and it has a better build quality with more metal, but the N version has better lens coatings and higher contrast. The N is probably a better choice.

There's a review of the 80/2.8 N (and 80/1.9) here: http://www.slrlensreview.com/web/mamiya-slr-lenses-158/standard-645-slr-lenses-160.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
apaddy wrote:
My God!

Adapter is the right word (instead of switch). Smile Normally I would recommend the Fotodiox Pro Mamiya 645 adapter.

OOoOOH,yes ,the Right is Adapter
slrlensreview.com the website i can't link it successful.......beceause it is a forgien website...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome apaddy

some copy&paste from slrlensreview
=============================================
Canon APS-C: Mamiya 645 80mm f/2.8 N showed very solid performance in the lab. Center image quality is already pretty good at f/2.8, slightly improving with stopped down aperture, and peaking at f/4. Border quality is also very respectable in general, with slightly better results in the f/4-f/11 range. The overall results are pretty balanced, with no major performance gaps between the center and the borders. At its peak (around f/4), the lens is capable of producing outstanding 19in prints. In the f/4-f/11 range, the lens would be able to produce decent 24in prints. Conclusion? Overall performance is outstanding - the lens shows resolving capabilities that would easily put it into the top half of all primes tested so far.

Alternatives

Assuming you're looking for a standard prime for your Mamiya system, you are limited to two alternatives: Mamiya 645 80mm f/1.9 and Mamiya 645 110mm f/2.8. Both of these lenses are commonly available, but are slightly more expensive then 80mm f/2.8 reviewed here. If you are using Mamiya 645 AF or AFD series system, you can also include the AF version of 80mm f/2.8, although I'm not sure you will be gaining much in performance since both lenses implement identical optical formulas. You can also try adapting other medium format (or even large format) lenses to your Mamiya system. Carl Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad come to mind first and here you could explore Planar T* 80mm f/2 CF and Planar 100mm f/3.5 C primes. Both of these lenses are priced much higher then Mamiya's standard lens. Finally, you can try out Pentax 645 smc A 75mm f/2.8 (or its newer FA version), which offers excellent performance at a very reasonable price.

Recommendation

Mamiya 645 85m f/2.8 shows a lot of promise. While it is not strictly speaking the ultimate champion when it comes down to raw MTF50 results, it shows enough punch to make it an interesting choice as a medium telephoto. However, the main appeal of the lens is its price/performance ratio since it stacks up very favorably against many much more expensive lenses from different manufacturers. While I don't mind occasionally paying top dollar for a really good lens, I like good bargains (and I'm sure you do too) and Mamiya 645 80mm f/2.8 N seems to be one of the best bargains these days. Keep in mind that for ~US$100 (including a generic adapter) you will get a well performing lens. If you decide to add a tilt/shift adapter, you would get a setup that would save you $$$$ when compared to native tilt/shift lenses from Canon/Nikon etc. I'm getting carried away here a little bit - the review does not cover performance in the tilted/shifted modes, so it would be too premature to claim that the lens would be a viable alternative to a native tilt/shift setup. But there's a promise and given time (sometime in the future), I will try to do a test of the tilt/shift operations as well...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="poilu"]welcome apaddy

some copy&paste from slrlensreview
=============================================
Canon APS-C: Mamiya 645 80mm f/2.8 N ............quote]
thanks a lot!
I want to know how about between Carl Zeiss jena 80/2.8(P6 with Red MC) with Mamiya 645 85/2.8 (Green C)
with is more better?somebody tell me mamiya is better?(but it will be cheaper than the CZJ 80/2.Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mamiya sekor C 150/3.5 mamiya 645 120
This one is Batter than the 80/2.8?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 150/3.5 is a "good" lens, and the A120/4 is quite simply put a lot better than the famous planar 120. The 120-macro will though be a lot more expensive, it's hard to find good copies for less than 300$. But it's one of the few "close to perfect APO" macros out there.

The better one in the 150mm-range is the 150/2.8N, but that's also a bit more expensive - think in the 250$ range for a bargain. I have a hand-held full-size sample here:

http://ezpicshare.com/images/dsc21112ic.jpg.

Very little postprocessing, and some underexposure to avoid blowing the yellow seed-stems (name??) and the brighter parts of the petals (late noon direct sunlight) - but you can see the corner-to-corner performance at F/4. There's slightly more corner softness at F/2.8, but still a very good performer - better than my 70-200VRII on the D3x. Used with an Sony A850 in this shot.

This is an ~50% scale sample of the 150/2.8 at MFD:

I'd recommend the Mamiyas, even though only a few, more expensive lenses are truly "world class" - the 120/4A, the 200/2.8APO and the 300/2.8APO - most of the rest of the range are bargain finds. I'd stay away from the 55mm-lenses though - there are enough good offerings in the 50mm-range outside of the 645-MF range of lenses. Unless of course you want tilt/shift... Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome apaddy!
Great to see people from China can log in here Very Happy
I am a Chinese too, if you have any problem with translation, I might help Wink although mine is not that good too.

Yes, the price of adapters in China is much cheaper than anywhere else of the world. I think it is because the manpower is cheaper. But the quality control is only up to the craftman. I think you can find some very experienced guys who make good quality adapters by searching in www.xitek.com or www.fengniao.com.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_Suede wrote:
the yellow seed-stems (name??)

Stamens.

Very nice contribution, the_Suede. The Mamiya 150/2.8 looks great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_Suede wrote:
The 150/3.5 is a "good" lens, and the A120/4 is quite si... Smile

Thanks,
There ture is I want to purchase a Lens,
Before there is a 80/2.8 Of CZJ,then somebody tell me the Mamiya 80/2.8(120)is better than the CZJ80/2.8(M42)
I found the lens of Mamiya80/2.8.but it had been sold...the seller had another lens mamiya 150/3.5 ,which more expensive ¥200(33USD)
It is hard choose the lens... Crying or Very sad
Because I had the 350D,When I 'm useing the 150mm lens.It will be in to 150mm*1.6=240mm
now i want purchase a lens for figuring

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
Welcome apaddy!
Great to see people from China can log in here Very Happy
I am a Chinese too, if you have any problem with translation, I might help Wink although mine is not that good too.

Yes, the price of adapters in China is much cheaper than anywhere else of the world. I think it is because the manpower is cheaper. But the quality control is only up to the craftman. I think you can find some very experienced guys who make good quality adapters by searching in www.xitek.com or www.fengniao.com.

呵呵.说得累,翻译倒不用,我勉强能看得到吧.转环可能是国内便宜些,我只是想到外面看看.国内的镜头是不是被炒高了.最近想入一个人像头.跟我的CZJ 35/2.8搭配使用就好了.他们说Mamiya 80/2.8成像比CZJ的80/2.8好.150又比80/2.8好....
那就是这样排?
Carl zeiss jena 80/2.8 is good,
mamiya 80/2.8(120)is better than the CZJ 80/2.8(120).
mamiya 150/3.5 is better than the mamiya 80/2.8(120)
Right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the price of used lenses are much higher than other countries, especially when you come to the famous brand like CZJ and Leica. IMO it is due to lack of access to ebay and other foreign used stuff websites.

I am not familar with the mamiya lenses, but according to the review, seems like it is a good way to go. Did you have a look at this:

http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1641211
and
http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/1637979.html

Seems like it has very good performance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
Yes, the price of used lenses are much higher than other countries, especially when you come to the famous brand like CZJ and Leica. IMO it is due to lack of access to ebay and other foreign used stuff websites.

I am not familar with the mamiya lenses, but according to the review, seems like it is a good way to go. Did you have a look at this:

http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1641211
and
http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/1637979.html

Seems like it has very good performance.

thanks
Now i had a question for choose between Czj 80/2.8(P6mount 75%new) with Mamiya 80/2.8 (120mount 90% new)
Whitch is better at the same price?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know how good the CZJ P6 80/2.8 is. I didn't read much positive things about it.

If you get a Mamiya 645 adapter you get access to the superb 120/4 macro. But there is also a CZJ 120/2.8 macro, but that will be a heavy lens.

Some nice images from the Mamiya 80/2.8: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/882423/19#8618598

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
I don't really know how good the CZJ P6 80/2.8 is. I didn't read much positive things about it.

If you get a Mamiya 645 adapter you get access to the superb 120/4 macro. But there is also a CZJ 120/2.8 macro, but that will be a heavy lens.

Some nice images from the Mamiya 80/2.8: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/882423/19#8618598

Thanks a lot!
Human desires are infinite,Now I just to find out which is better in the 2 lens now,120/2.8 is 3 times expensive than the 80/2.8
in china the adapter looks for 150 RMB,about 30USD.the Lens of80/2.8 cost110 USD the lens with adapter will cost about 150 USD.it is at good Condition in a Reasonable price.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i had found another lens Carl Zeiss Pro-Tessar 1:4 f=85mm
which is cheaper than ups..
How about this lens?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apaddy wrote:
How about this lens?

You cannot use this lens in your camera. It is not a complete lens but a lens head for the Contaflex camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
apaddy wrote:
How about this lens?

You cannot use this lens in your camera. It is not a complete lens but a lens head for the Contaflex camera.

Yes I Really find it is a lens head for the Contaflex camera.so it is very cheap.
but i found it can be made in C/Y or be made fo fix EOS used?
I want to buy one