Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Honeywell Pentax Cameras, Lenses And Accessories P1009 3/73
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Honeywell Pentax Cameras, Lenses And Accessories P1009 3/73 Reply with quote

In 1973 I worked as electronic technician for large corporation with more than a hundred engineers, some of whom were avid photographers. There was a huge stir and much excitement when this sales pamphlet showed up, describing how the new Super-Multi-Coating works, and listing all the new lenses and equipment, with prices. Well, I knew what I wanted but also knew my salary wasn't enough yet. Fast forward to 2006...you all know that story -- not only could I easily afford all that stuff; it was also very inexpensive!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, but do you have permission to republish this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting.....geez, if ya converted those prices, especially for the likes of the motordrive stuff into today's money, it equates to some pretty expensive stuff in those days.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's SOLID GOLD, wow!!! What a brochure.

@martin - with ads, I for one figure that a) if the company exists, free publicity is free publicity b) the ad agency and often whoever owned the legal entity of the advertiser are both long gone... and yes, I have a bit of c) internet anarchy :p