Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HEY GUYS !! I need some help here... Please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: HEY GUYS !! I need some help here... Please Reply with quote

I just purchased this 135mm Viv Komine on the bay for 25.00 USD.
It looks like a M42 with an adaptor screwed on to the mount.
Can someone help clarify this?

Thanks in advance. Very Happy

Last edited by spiralcity on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks exactly like my m42 copy sans the adaptor...

I really like my copy... hope yours is as sharp as mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a Pentax-M42 adaptor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that dark metal ring doing- doesn't look like any Pentax K adapter I've ever seen. The ring looks like there's space between it and the bright metal most of the way around the mount, and some sort of spring loading to it?

I think I see the M42 diaphragm pin peeking out at the rear of the mount.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this type of M42 adapter before but not for Pentax K.

This one is possibly for Mamiya or (maybe)Yashica bayonet mount. When Mamiya and Yashica switched from M42 to their bayonets I understand that like Pentax they supplied adapters. Unlike Pentax their adapters had a mechanism to press the M42 pin and retain automatic operation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollei and Fuji made also this kind of adapters , with diaph "transmission" ..., but this one is not a Rollei, nore a Fuji. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.
That adaptor had me a bit baffled. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've struck gold there, Spiral. It looks like one of the Mamiya bayonet to M42 adapters that preserves automatic stop down. It should be worth a bit to a Mamiya fan. Now you just have to determine which camera series it's for. Could be Auto XTL, NC-1000, or ZE series. You may be able to match it up here. http://herron.50megs.com/

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
I think you've struck gold there, Spiral. It looks like one of the Mamiya bayonet to M42 adapters that preserves automatic stop down. It should be worth a bit to a Mamiya fan.

Once I've got a Volna-3 in 'Mamiya mount' that was a P6 lens with a P6-Mamiya adaptor attached. The adaptor itself is worth three times as much as I paid for the lens Smile