Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

help with czj flek 35/2.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: help with czj flek 35/2.4 Reply with quote

to cut along story short my m42 adapter stuck on my czj 35mm, in my frustrated and rather foolish attempts to dislodge it i appear have messed up my favourite lens

i believe there is a way of screwing the two parts back together from what ive gathered from other threads about cleaning lenses etc. it will involve some trial and error to get infinity focus right.

as the adapter is still stuck i cant get access to the back, can i screw it back in from the front? is there a proper way of doing this? is there anything important im missing? is it even possible?

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it came off from the front then my guess is it will go back from the front. You might have to loosen some screws at the sides to prevent them gouging the body?

I would defnitely get the adapter off first though. Applying gentle heat to the adapter alone ought to do it. A hair drier or a cloth soaked in boiling water and then wrung out?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did you do that?

you didn't have to..

tf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill give removing the adapter another go.

trifox i didnt do it on purpose i was just being stubborn tryin to twist the adapter off and didnt think properly about what i was doing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure you need to open the back of the lens. I may have had similar issue in the past, though not sure. Anyhow, the CZJ lenses in general are rather easy to disassemble (and even to reassemble Smile ). Here's a link to some help in that: http://www.kolumbus.fi/uusilehto/img/lenses/zeiss/disass/slides/lens.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
If it came off from the front then my guess is it will go back from the front.
That would be logical but for some reason it's not possible. Anu is right, you need to remove the mount and then unscrew the two L-shaped legs that fit in the grooves in the aperture assembly, each one has two screws. You can see them at the top and bottom of pics 3 & 4 in Anu's link.

Once these are removed you can screw the helicoil parts together, but there are several starting points for the thread and you need to find the right one by trial and error, it's a test of your patience. When you've found the correct starting thread you can refit the legs and then the mount end. You could try using a Canon rear lens cap to grip the adapter to remove it, and hold the lens by the focussing barrel, not the filter ring.

Don't worry you haven't ruined the lens, but take care not to touch the glass! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link ,i fixed the on aperture on a 50mm meyer optik which was annoying but gave me some practice, but i found putting it back together harder than fixing it.i should be able to fix it with the link you provided. still feel a bit stupid for unscrewing it in the first place.

thanks

K