Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help needed with EMERGENCY about pay-pal transfer..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Help needed with EMERGENCY about pay-pal transfer.. Reply with quote

Damn,
I am really in need of help.. I've just purchased a lens from a dealer in US from Turkey.. It was the first time so i opened a paypal account. But i think i've ACCEPTED the transfer but it will take some time for the item to get to me and the window is open for some unpleasant events if the money is already in the sellers account..

How do i know if the transaction is already made.. i could not get a hold of it..

It says "The seller has marked this item as "Payment Received" on Sep-21-08." on the product page.. Have I made the transfers.. if so what happens if he just does not send it..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think again what you did, PayPal ask for confirmation of payment. Send me printscreen might be I can help to understand what is going on. Relax, you have time to ask for PayPal support also.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throndor,
relax, you can call me : [I've sent pm to you]
Yalcin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Help needed with EMERGENCY about pay-pal transfer.. Reply with quote

Throndor wrote:
It says "The seller has marked this item as "Payment Received" on Sep-21-08." on the product page.. Have I made the transfers..

With a few exceptions, PayPal sellers receive money on their PayPal account almost the same moment it is transmitted to them. Here, the fact that eBay seller has changed item status to "Payment Received" indicates your money transfer has shown up on his account.

Throndor wrote:
Have I made the transfers.. if so what happens if he just does not send it..

Again, you seem to have sent the money already as the seller indicates he has received your payment. What happens if he does not ship it to you? He can do so, but that would make a big impact on his reputation/feedback after you give feedback him. Is he a reliable seller with lots of feedback and say 99.4% positive? Then I would not worry, very few lense sales are worth enough to ruin a good seller reputation.

Check the item description for PayPal info: with verified sellers PayPal guarantees different amounts of money, so that if you don't receive item you can get a refund. If he is a non-PayPal verified seller then there is no guarantee like this.

For instance it could look like this in the item description, on the right hand side

Buy safely

1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 55 | 100% Positive

See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected

Up to $2,000 in buyer protection. See eligibility

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Help needed with EMERGENCY about pay-pal transfer.. Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

Up to $2,000 in buyer protection

Hah. If you're lucky.
PP make every effort to wriggle out of it and it's only in the most clear-cut circumstances you'd get it. You find that many deals fall short of the 'eligibility' requirements through no fault of the seller or buyer. Talk about moving the goalposts.