Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help identifying mount on CZJ Sonnar 13.5cm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Help identifying mount on CZJ Sonnar 13.5cm f/4 Reply with quote

I paid $35 for an 80's Minolta camera and lenses because I could see there was an old lens included. Didn't know what it was until it was delivered, turns out it was this Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 13.5cm f/4.

Any ideas what this mount is? I've seen similar lenses online with Contax mounts, but nothing like this. I'm hoping to be able to use it on a Sony a7r3. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out, I think...Contaflex. It doesn't look like some other Contaflex lenses, though. I read that Contaflex lenses are just auxiliary and that the rear element is in the camera. Is that true for this lens as well?

Last edited by braz on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

Nice lens!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braz wrote:
Figured it out, I think...Contaflex.

Looks like it. http://www.antiquecameras.net/blog96.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
braz wrote:
Figured it out, I think...Contaflex.

Looks like it. http://www.antiquecameras.net/blog96.html

Thanks for the info, yes my lens is the one on the left. Looks like it's for the Contaflex Twin Lens Reflex system, will have to do some more reading...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo of it on the camera...

Contaflex by Geoff Harrisson, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't find any adapters, I don't think the TLR has a permanent element(s) in the body, it should be easy to determine if it's usable by free lensing the lens to see if it's sharp, and if you can reach infinity.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I didn't find any adapters, I don't think the TLR has a permanent element(s) in the body, it should be easy to determine if it's usable by free lensing the lens to see if it's sharp, and if you can reach infinity.

I'll give this a try and see if it's worth keeping. According to the serial number it was manufactured in 1935-36, which surprised me since it's in a lot better condition than a most of my CZJ lenses from the 40-50s. It came with what looks to be the original lens bag...it's made of brown leather with a drawstring and has "Made in Germany" stamped on the bottom.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1