Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 not focusing to infinity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Helios 44-2 not focusing to infinity Reply with quote

Hello everybody! I bought a Helios 44-2 a few months back, but I was busy with my Super-Takumar and that's why I didn't see the problem with the Helios. It's not focusing to infinity, the farthest it focuses is about 3m. I have two different adapters and they are fine with the Super-Takumar (55mm). So can you help me? Feel free to ask any additional info.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Helios 44-2 not focusing to infinity Reply with quote

KirilL wrote:
Hello everybody! I bought a Helios 44-2 a few months back, but I was busy with my Super-Takumar and that's why I didn't see the problem with the Helios. It's not focusing to infinity, the farthest it focuses is about 3m. I have two different adapters and they are fine with the Super-Takumar (55mm). So can you help me? Feel free to ask any additional info.

Most likely it has been taken apart in the past and re-assembled incorrectly?

I have several Helios 44 lenses and the rear element group sticks out past the rear of the mount at infinity. A bit like the last of the photos HERE.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44-2 not focusing to infinity Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Most likely it has been taken apart in the past and re-assembled incorrectly?

I have several Helios 44 lenses and the rear element group sticks out past the rear of the mount at infinity. A bit like the last of the photos HERE.
Well it might be something like that. The rear group does stick back as you described.

I took apart the front unit and the focusing mount as shown in the fourth picture http://www.novacon.com.br/techhel.htm . After removing the spacer unit it focused a bit past infinity, but when the spacer is on it doesn't. It's like the piece is a bit too thick, so it might not be original. What's your experience with the material of the spacer ring. The one in my lens is aluminum.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no direct experience, but in the past I have assembled lenses like this incorrectly and infinity focus has been way out. This is when the focus helix has been started on the wrong thread Smile That's what I would check first.

PS - good link - very interestinf set of projects Smile