Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 + Kowa F1.9 50mm Combined make the Kowahelios
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Helios 44-2 + Kowa F1.9 50mm Combined make the Kowahelios Reply with quote

During a boot fair i discovered a lovely Kowa 50mm F1.9 that had been destroyed the back part of the lens and aperture control was missing but the glass was in great shape, with a lovely Yellow Gold surface i looked at the lens and thought the front element looks the same size as the helios 44-2, having a helios 44-2 with a lot of scratches i decided to invest £1 for this piece of junk.
removed the retainer screws for the front element and measured against the helios exact match.
So i replaced the lens and now have a very attractive looking Golden element Helios.
Not much time to test just a quick test at F4 poor light and No Flash.
Seems to have a very smooth Bokeh. Will do more shots tomorrow.
I name this lens the Kowahelios or should it be the Frankenhelios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great Smile! Please post more samples. Infinity retained?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep infinity is retained have no idea if it would be a 50mm or 58mm or what?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine ... And could we see a picture of the "hybrid" Wink ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the old lens and how it was at the back you can see the nice gold colour on the rear element and here is the helios with the elements swapped out

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work!