Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 58m f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exen wrote:
how much did you pay?
8 pounds Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
exen wrote:
how much did you pay?
8 pounds Embarassed

It's really too cheap. But i am sorry to hear that your shipping failure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your compasion exen but I hardly doubt that you can bend a diafragm's blade like that in shipping, without actually touching it…

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
I hardly doubt that you can bend a diafragm's blade like that in shipping, without actually touching it…

If it is broken, it might be turned to the good monocle. It is the common practice. You should take all the lenses except the last one.

There is example how it works (really I used only the body of 44-2, but for lens I took the last element from the Industar-23, which is rather two lens cemented together).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

They took technology, glass , experts ,machinery from Germans after WWII that was a very good start for them and we should not forget talents of Russian people.

Yes, exactly. Older Russian lenses are based on early German models, but newer ones are creations of Russian engineering, which is occasionally unorthodox but consistently effective.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good use of a broken Helios-44 is remove the glass and use what remains as a focusing unit.

For example, using a 2- or 3-element glass you can make a lens with amazing bokeh (and also amazingly low sharpness off-center). The problem with such a lens is focusing it. So, put it inside a Helios body.

I believe Mr Vilva put a Kodak VPK meniscus in a Helios-44 body for exactly this purpose...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
If it is broken, it might be turned to the good monocle. It is the common practice.
That's a great ideea but it has nothing to do with my particular case: i just don't like being scamed. Can you please open a new thread and tell me more how you got your monocle? Till now i bought 2 of them with the invaluable help of F16SUNSHINE (thank you again my friend).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
Can you please open a new thread and tell me more how you got your monocle?

I will

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked up 2 Helios 44M's and wow they are just amazing! the rendition of bokeh and its pop of contrast is just beautiful. Will posts pics later on, i really just cant wait to see how all these lenses work on FF.