Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40 Hood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Helios 40 Hood Reply with quote

Does anyone knows if there are any hoods for Helios 40 or Helios 40-2? Was there any made for this lenses?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen for Helios-40 and Helios-40-2 too from both lenses I had a few ones most of them came with factory set , case , filters, but no hood.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a factory plastic snap-on hood for them, extremely flimsy and easy to fall off the lens. Avoid it. On the other hand, there are plenty of 67mm screw-in telephoto lens hoods on eBay; most hoods will work for the H40-2 (you can check for vignetting by using "hoodcalc.xls" and entering the hood's front diameter and length). For the original H40 with 66mm threads, you'll probably need a custom-made adapter ring to mount a filter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Helios 40 Hood Reply with quote

i custom make a hood for this gem. kinda effective but......... very very bulky.

sample photo

hood off

hood on

outdoor hood on

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay member ramir73 (US) made 66mm to 67mm step up rings. I bought one of them and added a std 67mm metal hood for 85mm lenses on it.
At the moment he is not offering it, maybe you safe his ID and check from time to time