Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40-2 Fujica st701 Ilford XP2 Anastasia C&C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Helios 40-2 Fujica st701 Ilford XP2 Anastasia C&C Reply with quote

Here were some quick shots from yesterday. Nothing particularly innovative. All shot at f1.5 except that last which was taken with the super takumar 1.4/50mm at f1.4 (7 element version, but an early one at that). First real experience with XP2. I'm still getting newton rings when scanning it. I guess all C41 monochrome film have a shiny emulsion side. Not much PP, just dust removal (which I see I already missed some) and levels adjustment. Comments are always welcome. Thanks!

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another from the helios, for good measure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shots & bokeh, though yeah, Mr. Newton is in evidence.

I've taken to scanning the film upside down and then reversing the image - this way the curl is up rather than down, and the film doesn't touch the bottom glass.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! congrats, superb portraits, great b&w!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good portraits. The light was excellent (not to mention the model. Wink )

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I've decided to sell the canoscan 700f. As good as it is, I suspect my problems with newton rings really is the result of it. So I may re-post some of these once my v700 comes in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a B&W fun , but your g/f made these series to shinny really. Great ones!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool set great shots Marc well done Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good series Marc.

I particularly like the one where the model is tossing the snow in the air.

I wish I'd bought the Helios a few years ago when they went for half as much.