Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

helioplan mount question.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: helioplan mount question. Reply with quote

As you probably realize by now I am a fan of this optical scheme. I snag any that come up for auction at any reasonable price. Recently I got an "as is" version from a non-camera type. The mount was not revealed in the photo. It came in in near mint condition with the original leather case (that was also in near mint condition) and both caps. I was thinking "great an exakta back cap" ....WRONG turns out it was M42. So today one pops up on the bay with a very high BIN price claiming "extreme rarity". Is that true? Anybody know what kinds of numbers Meyer made of Exakta and M42 mounts?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is rare if you can't find any in eBay sold history...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really that rare, I have a few myself. Easier to mount. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Unususal but not really rare. Not like a beryllium soviet spy mirror lens from a satellite camera....Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Thanks. Unususal but not really rare. Not like a beryllium soviet spy mirror lens from a satellite camera....Wink

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

"Everything is relative..."