Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Haoda Fu 3rd Generation Focus Screen Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Haoda Fu 3rd Generation Focus Screen Review Reply with quote

So, I have been using this screen on my 400D (XTI) for a few weeks now. I wanted to give it some time before I sat down and put my thoughts out there for everyone to see. Here goes....

Shipping was a little slow but I understand that these are NOT pre-manufactured. Other than that, Haoda was great with his responses no matter what time of day I emailed him. That was the main reason I chose his screens over everyone else! I emailed 4 different suppliers/manufactures at the exact same time with the exact same email. Within minutes I had my first reply (Haoda), many days later my second, and then none (not naming any other names).......hmmmm wonder what their product and service is like Laughing

When the screen arrived it was well packaged. I had received installation instructions a few days before hand. It honestly only took me about 3 minutes to remove and completely install. From the first moment, it was spot on without any needed tweaks as I had read in other reviews. The reason for it is now he uses the stock shims!

The screen is a little brighter than the stock Canon screen and does get a little difficult to focus after f/8. But who in the world doesn't open up the lens for best focusing anyway?!?!?! With the new screen it is so much easier to focus with my MFlenses!

For picture based results on focusing, you can see on http://forum.mflenses.com/ in the Forum's gallery of my posts (shad309) and you will see some nicely focused images. A couple of them (moss on a log- Moraine View) are shot at f/2.8, give them a look and tell me you could do this with the stock screen or a focus confirmation adapter! I have tried and NEVER got those results!!! You can also see more taken with MFlenses on flickr.com/photos/shadarington.
Anyway, that's my two cents for what it's worth. My two cents says quit wasting your money on anything but these focus screens! http://haodascreen.com/
Have a good one, from your fellow RETROtographer Very Happy

Last edited by shad309 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for reporting this great news!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, I thought I could give back just a little after taking so much great advice from everyone here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, Shad, this is really interesting. You don't know how close I came to buying that Revuenon from you the other day by the way Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would have preferred it gone to you or another member. But, it has now gone into the black market of china by way of shanghai to hong kong. I am sure it will make someone a pretty penny there!

I will have more stuff up soon (call me mini Attila) Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing