Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hanimex 300mm f5.6 mirror lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Hanimex 300mm f5.6 mirror lens Reply with quote

Is anybody know this lens ? As usual Tamron and Vivitar 300mm lenses are pretty expensive and well know mirror lenses. I never heard anything about this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this one on the net:

I had the Hanimex 300mm f5.6 mirror (k-mount) for a short while. It cost me about 50 Euros. I tested it against the FA*300/f4.5 and a Revuenon 300mm f5.6. The flare of the Hanimex mirror was horrible and made it almost unusable. I can even send some b&w scans, but that would take a while.... Also, effectively, the Hanimex was only f=8. I can only recommend to not use it. An ordinary 300/f5.6 lens of almost any brand (Revuenon, Tokina, Vivitar etc....) would be a better choice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an F5.6 off eFray for not much. VERY soft. I think I'll use it for a spotting scope. Only good thing is that it's of course compact and light. I paid about 50. US for mine, and that may be too much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on our forum! Hopefully you enjoy your stay here if you need any help please don't hesitate contact to me.
Don't know as usual the good ones like Tamron or Vivitar are expensive, I saw this Hanimex in local photo shop for 100 USD. If unusable soft you paid a lot Smile if usable that would be a great price.