Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Grip for pentax 67
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Grip for pentax 67 Reply with quote

The Pentax 67 has the lovely left side wooden handle attachment. It also has identical lugs on the right side. The handle comes with lugs to attach a strap so the lugs on the right are extraneous. I decided it might be useful to fab a grip on the right side as the camera is quite heavy and holding with right hand without a grip is nigh on impossible, which makes focusing for handheld a bit of a challenge.

The plate (X) was drilled by just making a marks on the steel and matching drill size to the stud and to the hole on the keyhole of the handle for the smaller size. Then some (hours) with a dremel to get the plate thin enough to slide on. If I were to do it again I would select plate size for the gap on the studs. I was a little overzealous on the lock mechanism. Once the plate would fit the camera I ground down a piece of 1/4 inch rod (A) to match the hole size. I used a dremel to cut a notch that looked like the beginning of a eclipse so the rod would fit into the large end of the keyhole and lock the plate in place. A hole in the handle (E) for the rod to slide up and down which was lined with a bit of brass bushing (D) just to keep the wood from wearing out to fast. . A bit of a nail (B) through a hole in the rod was used to back the spring (C) so when released the rod would drop into the keyhole. A notch dremel into the side of the hole in handle for the rod kept the rod from spinning when the pull back mechanism was implemented. The pull back mechanism consisted of 6-32 (S) machine screw pulling on the rod via a threaded screwhole. Two more countersunk holes in the plate to attach the plate to the handle. I apologize for the extremely crude diagram it was very late and I was tiered and short of time to complete that portion. It is very secure and I don't worry about my camera coming loose. Please ignore the extra 2 screw holes in the handle and the plate I had the thing upside down the first time (doh!).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice job, I like that. I've made wood / alloy handles for a Mamiya C3 and a Zorki 4K. Sometimes it's nice to have that bit of extra grip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
That's a nice job, I like that. I've made wood / alloy handles for a Mamiya C3 and a Zorki 4K. Sometimes it's nice to have that bit of extra grip.

Irony is... after I started I saw some guy had one on thebay for 59 USD. His was light weight and made with aluminum instead of steel, probably OK but with the weight of the 67 I'd be skeptical. I could have just bought one but then I wouldn't have had the fun of fabrication!